Florida-South Florida

Some wedding reviews- long (PIP)

Hi Ladies,
We are still on our honeymoon, but I have a little time before we head out for a day of fun so I thought I would post some reviews.

Our wedding was so awesome! It was seriously the best day ever! We did have the dreaded rain! and not just a little rain a lot of rain.  There was one point after the ceremony when we were stuck in the limo, unable to take any pictures because it was pouring that I thought the reception was never going to happen. But with a little shuffling and bringing cocktail hour inside, it happened. And it was amazing.  We still danced and toasted and had all the fun stuff. It goes by way too fast though. Please ladies take every minute to enjoy the day. When it was all over we wanted to do it all again. I think we would trade our honeymoon in Maui for another wedding. So here goes:

Victoria Park Flowers: A
My flowers looked great! Fresh and pretty. The only negative was that we didn't do a trial and I wished we had. I would have liked some more roses in our centerpieces once I saw them, plus when it came time for the bouquet toss I had no idea where the throw away bouquet was. I just realized in pics it was in a vase behind my cake. I tossed a bridemaids bouquet :(. Make sure to find out where that is going to be and insist on good communication (in phone or in person, email is good for tracking- but can really confuse things) with your vendors. I think that was a challenge for us all around.

Photography: I will post a review when we get the pics in a week or so

Cake: Publix A+++++
The Greenwise Publix in Boca Raton did an amazing job. They make it that morning at 4am and it was so fresh. We had 2 marble layers with fudge filling and two vanilla layers with fresh strawverry filling. We served it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it was a total hit!! Supposedly there was none left over, (but there should have been plenty so not sure who else enjoyed it) so we didn't get left overs and we've been wanting it ever since. At the reception we were so busy and there's no room in that dress for food so we didn't get to eat more than a bite.

Seagate Hotel: A
This is where we had our room block and where we got ready. The hotel is so gorgeous and had every amenity that you could imagine. Its a little pricey, but totally worth it for a special occaision. They have a trolley that takes the guests to the reception. They were so accomodating with rearranging the schedule with the rain and all. The only negative was they forgot to give some of our guests the out of town bags when they checked in. We loved those bags so on the day of the wedding we asked around and then sunday morning delivered some bags to guests ourselves.

Residence Inn Delray: A+
Gorgeous hotel and our guest room rates were so affordable that many locals stayed there so they didn't have to drive home. They too forgot to pass out a few gift bags, but they shortly remembered and called the guests and sent them to the rooms. The manager, Nicole, is very good and very nice. I was really please with how nice the rooms are. Suites with full kitchens, and little living areas and a separate bedroom. Highly recommend this hotel.

Seagate Beach Club: A+ 
I had some challenges in the beginning getting in touch with this venue to book our wedding. After, Beth sent me in the right direction everything was pretty smooth going forward. They had to totally rearaange the plans after the skies opened and downpoured Saturday afternoon. They brought cocktail hour inside the same area as the reception which was a bummer, but they did it perfectly considering the weather. The food was awesome!!! We served filet and shrimp for dinner and the appetizers were amazing. The portions were good on the dinner (a little short on the appetizers). It came with 3 huge shrimp! We are still getting compliments on the food. It was cooked perfectly. The set up was nice and Cathy, the events manager was there the whole time working with everyone to get it perfect. We really loved this venue.

Dress: Maggie Sottero Annabel A++++
I loved this dress. I got it at an amazing boutique in Orlando (Lily's Bridal)- if anyone is interested. I thought the dress was unique and i just loved wearing it.

Favors & Chamapgne Glasses: A++++
We had a sort of elegant Hawaiian theme at the reception. We ordered plumeria engraved champagne glasses from Hawaii. We got an amazing bulk price and the service was awesome. Jerry from the store, stayed in touch with us until 120 glasses showed up at our front door. Also we ordered monkey pod bowls from Hawaii and filled the with macadamia nut Hershey Kisses. the little tag says Aloha and they are delicious! If anyone is interested in more information about these email me at jennifersirwin@gmail.com

Re: Some wedding reviews- long (PIP)

• irwin3138irwin3138 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops. Not sure what happened, but it posted before I finished. Here's a pic of the glasses

Thank you all for your support. This was the best time of my life and I am a little sad its all over. Remember to have fun!!!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mrs.!!!  Thanks for the reviews! Have a great time on your HM.
  • Gissy4857Gissy4857 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding! Very happy you enjoyed it!! Thanks for the reviews and continue to have fun on your honeymoon :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Enjoy your honeymoon and thanks for the reviews! Glad everything turned out perfectly for you
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats MRS!! Can't wait to hear more. Now, go enjoy that HM!!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Thanks for the reviews now get back to your new husband!! :-)) Have fun on your honeymoon!!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Get off of here and enjoy your HM!!!! Lol! Congrats Mrs.!!!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!  Your picture is beautiful!  Thank you for the reviews.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards