Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can it be evening?

It's only 4 here. ;) 

I am dreading working out in half hour and really want to skip and blame my terrible (TMI) cramps. I'm trying to get in shape though, so I will drag my sorry ass upstairs.

Re: Can it be evening?

• Hey! I'm in my last evening class. YAY! 

I'm stewing over the SCOTUS opinion otherwise. But I think you should work out, it is supposed to help cramps usually, Erin.
  • Yes! I get out of work in an hour and H and I are going for sushi at a BYOB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Evening. I'm hanging out drinking iced tea and waiting for my parents to get home from Vegas. I'm taking vicodin for my heel pain, so why the eff do I have a headache?! Bleh.

Work out Erin! You'll feel better :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:3c147a3a-1e28-45d9-b8b5-0f840a440781">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening ladies.  Work was crappy today.  Found out my office gets the lead on a huge discovery request.  I know we have to go through our files (which are minimal and really bare-bones), as well as another office's files - 19 boxes worth.  We may also have another office's files to go through, but I'm not sure about that yet.  Basically, we get to go on a "needle in the haystack" search for documents.  Boo.  That's going to suck some major ass.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ick. That sucks. I'm sorry.

</div>
  • That does suck, Holly. Discovery can be such a PITA.
  • I parked the beerbulance in this thread for all of you :)
  • I'm at the Apple store getting my mac fixed. I'm going to be here another hour. Fun times. Excited for pizza night.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm tired from debating today. My co clerk and I get along SUPER well, but we have several majorly different life views. We got into a few intense debates today and I'm just tired from it. 
  • Holly, that sucks.

Thanks Hockey! haha
  • Holly, when I told several of the attorneys today that the main paralegal taught me how to use the e-file system today, they were really surprised. I told them I didn't want to add to her workload if I could learn to do it myself and I think that impressed them for some reason. 
  • Yeah that is rather ridiculous, Holly. I think all of the attorneys here know how to e-file and find docs on DM. But I just know they have paralegals do the filing more often. Which I understand, I mean they need to utilize their time appropriately and e-filiing is actually way more of a pain than mail. But I think they were surprised that someone my age was actually *gasp* self sufficient.
  • Sooooo I have Chinese food in my belly from dinner...and I got a suprise pay check in the mail today.  Hello money I didn't know I had!!!!

I guess you could say I'm in a good mood.
  • Hey everyone yall were great to help me with my living room. Can yall help me decorate our master bed and bath, starting with the paint color? We are painting it this weekend and I really want a nice color, but not anything dark as our bedroom is in the basement so not a lot of windows. 

Any help would be awesome!
  • Haha wow Holly, she sounds somewhat incompetent. I agree with you. I just meant that I think the attorneys in this office have like 89234 things they do while they wait on changes or things to be done by us clerks or the paralegals/secretaries. I don't think I've ever seen any of them just 'sitting around'. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:382edb21-9ec4-46cd-98c9-8e59f49d05eb">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu, I agree they need to use their time effectively, but I don't think sitting and waiting on me to send them a document is time effective for either of us.  It drives me nuts. Or when my attorney writes me a note on a sticky note to do something.  When it would be quicker for her to just do it rather than write the instruction on a sticky note.  WTF?  <strong>She seriously used to clip documents together, then write on a sticky note "please staple".  PICK UP YOUR GODDAMN STAPLER AND STAPLE THE DOCUMENTS!</strong>
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>Seriously? That's insanity.</div>
  • I'm so happy that I primarily do estate planning, probate and business transactions for the most part. NO discovery - not across my desk anyway!!
  • Mari I think a nice sage green would look really like with all that brown. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:b5f670ad-ce5d-4c30-adaa-b9233001cfdb">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Making changes and such don't bother me.  Going to get her sticky notes does, considering she walks right by the damn cabinet where the sticky notes are 1165316932592 times a day.  Oh, and?  She talks on the phone to her friends ALL THE TIME.  Usually while I'm doing something she could be doing.

<div>
    </div><div>I hope she doesn't bill for that time on the phone with friends. Since I work in govnt, the attorneys are salaried so they don't really do that much (no paid overtime). </div>
  • I want to add H got his first Journeyman Electrician paycheck. Our income just tripled (take into account he wasn't working)!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hello. Nothing going on here really. Too hot to do chores or work out, blah.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also should I paint the bed and bath the same color, so it flows better?
  • Thats awesome, HB! 

Holly, yeah that is very weird. I actually kind of love working on a 8-430 schedule and not having to worry about billing time. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:5c800d0f-4c4f-4103-8eb0-6f72ad039897">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goobers, that's the strange thing - my attorney isn't a litigator, so discovery isn't something that is normal for us.  This'll be the second time ever in my 8 year career with this firm I've had anything to do with discovery. 

Oooo just when you think you've escaped it!!
  • I don't see anything wrong with painting them the same color, Mari. I'm not an interior decorator though so theres that.
  • Evening ladies! Just got back from a doctor's appointment of FI's, and then we walked around the town for a bit. It was nice, although hot. We walked by the firm his ex works at, but he didn't let me throw a rock through her window... bummer, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:b7049101-0760-47f7-91cf-66f414986801">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see anything wrong with painting them the same color, Mari. I'm not an interior decorator though so theres that.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I don't either, H wanted to paint them different colors but I just don't know how that would look. Sage green is a great idea, I bet that would be pretty.
  • edited June 2012
    Haha those dang 6 min increments. :) It seems the attorneys here just base it off of "are you getting your shiiit done" in a reasonable amount of time, and then they don't really question your hours. But since its govnt, we are very strictly supposed to stick to 40 hrs a week and can't do overtime. Much different than big firms haha.
  • Are your bedroom and bathroom connected Mari? 

I like the idea of using different colors, but I'd paint the whole thing 1 color if it isn't broken up by doors. My bedroom is a light grey-ish purple, and my bathroom is blue. But, mine aren't connected.
  • I liked google imaging the color name, Mari. There a lot of variations on the color but I think it would look really pretty. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards