Military Brides

Weekend Chit Chat

I know that pretty much everyone is gone on the weekends doing fun things with thier FI/H, but I thought I'd start a weekend chitchat board for anyone who is around to postabout their fun weekend activities, or vent, or whatever..  I'm always here!!

Today I have to do a take home math test (Less than a month left till the end of the semester!! I'm so excited!!), the boys play at 2pm,Thank goodness, those late ass games were killing me! I would get so pumped up at like midnight and couldn't sleep for hours!, and I need to start doing research for my final project in design.  Other than that I'm going to go into work and sign up a new member, and go for a run, and maybe do some Christmas shopping.  Oh! And Play Oregon Trail!!!
Photobucket

Re: Weekend Chit Chat

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sami!

I'm here for a few minutes. I'm going for a run and then outlet shopping. :-)

Who does your team play today?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning Sami! Good luck on your test! I wish I could run, but bad knees run in my family. So if I ever wan to do cardio, I have to do elipticals. And I don't have a membership anywhere...so basically I am not in shape heart-wise! FI and I just got a lot of housework done. He did the dishes and picked up the livingroom, and I folded and put away all the laundry and picked up the bedroom. Our home looks so much better! Now he's playing COD3, and I'm chillin in our bedroom watching some "Ocean Mysteries" show with Jeff Corwin haha! Baby otters make my heart melt :) One of FI's single buddies asked if we wanted to go see the newest Twilight movie this evening. My FI had bought the first three DVDs as they came out...I don't understand. What guys like Twilight? Oh, my FI and his friends I guess! I read the books and thought they were a fun read, but the movies aren't that great.
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good luck on your math test! I think take home tests are much harder than in class tests, because they expect that you will use your notes.

I am studying for my capstone test and listening to Norah Jones. So calm. 

Did anyone hear about the OklaState plane that crash with the Woman's Coaches in it? My heart breaks for them! Such a tragedy. No disrespect, but I told my FI this and all he said was "AGAIN? Man they need to get better pilots!" Just FYI, about 10 years ago, most of their men's team tragically died in a plane crash coming from a game. 

I know I probably shouldn't talk football here, because I tend to put my foot in my mouth, but I can't believe OK State lost last night! Ugh! That makes me a little mad, we were supposed to be their one loss! (ha..jk.) But seriously, what the heck! Way to stir up the BCS pot. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hike-They play Georgia Southern, They're actually pretty good, they've only lost once this year and it was to Appalachian State (I Loovve going to App games!).  It's not a conference game though. Next weekend is the Iron Bowl and I'm pretty stoked!!

Binx-Thanks for the Luck!  I got an A on my last take home test, although I confess that I did it 3 times and then just compared my answers ( I really want to finish this class with an A, but I'll settle for a B.. either one would be a first for me in a math class). 

On another note Binx, Have you looked into the Joining Forces thing that The First Lady has been pushing?  They have a partnership with IHRSA (International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association) to provide Free or Reduced cost gym memberships to families of AD, NG & Reservists.  It depends on the club as to how much or how little they want to participate, but when I found out that Curves Int'l was participating, I told my boss that I wanted to do this! We offer Free 6 month memberships, or $0 service fee & reduced monthly cost (so instead of $34, when they show us a valid military id, they pay $17 per month).  We also extend it to Spouses, FI, Moms & Sisters of AD or Deployed NG & Reservists.  From a business perspective, it's not a huge loss for us because we're about 90 minutes from the closest base.  My BFF who's stationed in AZ, her Curves won't offer it because she's located less than 5 miles from the base so she would lose a lot of money.  I think that's pretty selfish of her and I will no matter what offer this when I own a Curves (It's on my bucket list), and chances are it will be near a base because I'll be with H. Anyway, sorry I got on my soap box, but here's the links if you want to look into it.

Clicky
    <This is the link to the facts page (It mainly mentions NG & Reserves, but it is up to the participating club)
    Clicky <This one is to actually find one it your area. 

(Also, Curves is really good low impact cardio!!Wink)
    Photobucket
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh hey all! I'm here, just drinking coffee and then going to head out shopping and such for a bit. 

I have a slight minor vent. How the eff does verizon not have service in parts of California? Seriously? I don't need to talk to my H every day obviously, but its annoying that he is in the US but yet its a PITA to communicate. I know others are dealing with worse and such with deployments, so its not a big deal in the scheme of things, I just don't get how this happens in todays world ya know? Apparently AT&T has service, but not other cell services. It just makes no sense to me.  I think I'm more frustrated by Verizon  than not speaking to H haha. So I guess this is a vent about Verizon more than not speaking to H. 

Funny story about that though, he texted me the other night at like 1am, and I was like why the f is he texting me and not calling me. But then he said his Ssgt drove him and a friend down the road a ways to get service and they were all in the car together. Awkward to have a conversation in front of each other I guess haha. 
    edited December 2011
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5202ee3c-eb80-4529-b04f-d4a60fb1b3f0Post:168c44c2-94cf-450e-af11-d46ee8d2b9f1">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]On another note Binx, Have you looked into the Joining Forces thing that The First Lady has been pushing?  They have a partnership with IHRSA (International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association) to provide Free or Reduced cost gym memberships to families of AD, NG & Reservists.  It depends on the club as to how much or how little they want to participate, but when I found out that Curves Int'l was participating, I told my boss that I wanted to do this! We offer Free 6 month memberships, or $0 service fee & reduced monthly cost (so instead of $34, when they show us a valid military id, they pay $17 per month).  We also extend it to Spouses, FI, Moms & Sisters of AD or Deployed NG & Reservists.  From a business perspective, it's not a huge loss for us because we're about 90 minutes from the closest base.  My BFF who's stationed in AZ, her Curves won't offer it because she's located less than 5 miles from the base so she would lose a lot of money.  I think that's pretty selfish of her and I will no matter what offer this when I own a Curves (It's on my bucket list), and chances are it will be near a base because I'll be with H. Anyway, sorry I got on my soap box, but here's the links if you want to look into it. Clicky <This is the link to the facts page (It mainly mentions NG & Reserves, but it is up to the participating club) Clicky <This one is to actually find one it your area.  (Also, Curves is really good low impact cardio!! )
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sami! I checked the link out. The closest ones are Chesapeake and Portsmouth, so it would be about a 30 mimute drive each way, or more depending on traffic. It doesn't look like either of them offer it to FIs :(
  • edited December 2011
    I am PUMPED Iowa State beat OSU. It was so awesome! Made me even more proud to be a cyclone! Someone posted a video of Coach Rhoades talking to the players after the game and it about made me cry because he was so proud!
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought new makeup!! That's all I have to offer right now. Heading to see friends as soon as I tear H away from his video game. Oh, I'm also considering trying to do a sockbun, but I'm not sure what sock to sacrifice....
    edited December 2011
    1. What is a sockbun

2. I want new makeup. I don't know how to do makeup well. CABBBBB you need to teach me your ways! 
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sockbun!!

See how fat it is? There's a sock in there! Pinterest and youtube have lots of info about it. I'm in love!
    edited December 2011
    My hair is probably too short for that now. Damn me and my impulsive chopping of my long hair! 
  • edited December 2011
    I used to sock bun it up when I was AD.  Even when my hair was shorter, I would just use a dress sock (cause it's thinner), put my hair in a pony and then fan it out over the sock.  There were so many girls who had ridiculously long hair that would do a sock bun, once mine got long enough I ditched to sock, but their buns would end up sticking out like 6 inches from the back of their heads.. Silly Silly Silly.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have never sock buned. 

I just got back from the Vet for my puppy, who is sensitve to dirt- and needs to be cleaned when we come inside from walks. I was worried he had something more serious, so I'm glad it's something simple like this. 

Otherwise, I'm cleaning all day. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Hey ladies, I'm here and snowed it. I LOVE IT. I'm glad I got back to Minnesota just in time for the first snowfall/blizzard. My Mom has the perfect view from the kitchen sink...

Irish I am trying new makeup as well. I got a great deal on a Pur starter package ($30) which is less than my Clinque foundation. I also got the Urban Decay tinted moisturizer and I am in love!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sami- I did not know about the Joining Forces campaign.  That is really interesting and totally applies to me.  I looked it up though and there is only one Curves that offers it in my area and its on the complete opposite side of town :(

Irish- It kind of looks like your hair is naturally curly but do you get amazing curls afterwards with the sock bun?  The only reason I've done a soc kbun was for the curls the next morning.  I'm still trying to perfect them because they NEVER come out like all the tutorials show you.  It's frustrating.

I just got back from taking down a tree stand and putting it back up near FI's dad's house.  I'm gonna take a quick shower and then head back over to FI's house.  We have his cousin's 6th birthday party to go to.  That I have promised myself I will NOT pig out at.  We have that side of the family's Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I know I'll go a little crazier than normal so I'm trying not to be bad today.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Shan I love your new pic for your username btw
  • ZeldakinsZeldakins member
    edited December 2011
    I'm coming in really late BUT....
    I skyped with my SO last night and it was great! :)

But he left me hanging :/ something about a surprise for Christmas and if I was going to be home during the time he was....now I'm really curious. XD

I LOVE the sockbun and I truly miss it. It's been a couple of years since I've done it but it was a regular hairstyle for our competitions in high school. :) Its so simple, but I'm not sure I can do it with my current length of hair without it looking like a beehive. :P

Ggirl: Those cats made my day! :D Now I must find a kitty to play with!

Well, I'm probably gonna do a nice 12mi. bike ride and come back for some late lunch :)
    Hope everyone's day goes great today!

Oh, I almost forgot! Good luck on your test Sami! :D
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5202ee3c-eb80-4529-b04f-d4a60fb1b3f0Post:5cccd852-f74a-43f3-a033-5cbf44b6df98">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh hey all! I'm here, just drinking coffee and then going to head out shopping and such for a bit.  I have a slight minor vent.<strong> How the eff does verizon not have service in parts of California?</strong> Seriously? I don't need to talk to my H every day obviously, but its annoying that he is in the US but yet its a PITA to communicate. I know others are dealing with worse and such with deployments, so its not a big deal in the scheme of things, I just don't get how this happens in todays world ya know? Apparently AT&T has service, but not other cell services. It just makes no sense to me.  I think I'm more frustrated by Verizon  than not speaking to H haha. So I guess this is a vent about Verizon more than not speaking to H.  Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup! I experienced this too. Totally frustrating. For some reason there was Wifi at the laundromat, so I'd get the random skype call from there. They were short conversations, but it was nice to talk to him!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Fairly decent weekend so far. Ran a turkey trot 8k this morning then started tackling the laundry. I HATE laundry. But in the middle of folding sheets, sorting socks and hanging shirts, H called!! Made my day :) Skype is the best!! Getting ready to head out to have drinks and go see the new Twilight movie with a friend.
  • edited December 2011
    Shan-Lucky you!! I want to see some snow!!

Ugh, I started feeling kind of yucky during my run.  My head and stomach started killing me and I got all shakey and got the chills.  I bundled up since it's chilly here this weekend (but should be back up to 70 by Monday.. UGH!!!!)before hand, plus I was running so I expected to get warmer not colder.  I took a hot shower and I'm putting on some sweats and snuggling up with KittyFace for a bit.  Bleh.  I'll be back in a bit. 

Zelda-I figured this post could be for Sat & Sun, so you're not late at all!! Enjoy your bike ride, 12 miles is beast!!

I did my test once, so I'll probably do it again tomorrow and compare my answers.  Thanks for the Luck Ladies!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5202ee3c-eb80-4529-b04f-d4a60fb1b3f0Post:b098be28-201c-4823-9467-2d9e754f6905">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fairly decent weekend so far. Ran a turkey trot 8k this morning then started tackling the <strong>laundry</strong>. I HATE laundry. But in the middle of folding sheets, sorting socks and hanging shirts, H called!! Made my day :) Skype is the best!! Getting ready to head out to have drinks and go see the new Twilight movie with a friend.
    Posted by sofiabrian[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm busy with my laundry right now. It sucks</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    Bahaha so remember last week when I posted about my BIL's girlfriend had that status up about sending a sweet message or whatever it was. 

Today she has one about how it's boyfriend week and blah blah blah and then follows with their anniversary date.

Man, I wish I was young again hahaha. I wonder what my high school experience would have been like with facebook. 
  • edited December 2011
    Stopping in for just a few minutes while the apps are cooking.  Tonight is wine and hallmark movie night with some of the girls. 

I got to skype with H today although it was a little strange becuase neither one of us could tell the other one was online until after three or four tries.  Computers?!?  Oh well we skyped and it was good to see and talk to him.

A little upset that UGA is going to the SEC championship game instead of USC but I guess I can be happy for H since he is a bulldawg through and through.  We made a little wager on the game if UGA plays LS-Pew.  HAA just a friendly little wager.  Right now my heart is singing because Clem-suck is getting their butts handed to them.  Please football gods do not let them come back. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!
    I've been kind of MIA lately, super busy with work and housework. Anyhow... Last night we went and celebrated FI making 2nd class and today has been spent cleaning and picking up his bike from the shop and now I am cleaning some more and maybe hopefully I can do a little bit of baking.

How is everyone else's Saturday night?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Spiffy - I never was able to get the pretty curls either! I don't think I got my hair into the sock right, I probably sound dumb but does anyone want to explain step by step how to get my hair in it right?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5202ee3c-eb80-4529-b04f-d4a60fb1b3f0Post:aac40491-1cfb-4a12-88fd-19fd4eec2a2a">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong> </strong>I got to skype with H today although it was a little strange becuase neither one of us could tell the other one was online until after three or four tries.  Computers?!?  Oh well we skyped and it was good to see and talk to him.
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

The computer problems are the reason that I can't skype most of the time. :/ It gets really frustrating, and to top it all off the wifi fails a lot too on his end. So it's extra nice when we can skype without any troubles :)
    edited December 2011
    Sami- It was pretty intense! My legs are on fire still. Haha, I guess that's what I get for biking in the hill country XD
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm back from outlet shopping. I got a dress for H's Christmas banquet. It's a bright red Kate spade dress. I got it for 60% off! Here it is in black but I got it in red since its a Christmas party! http://www.katespade.com/designer-clothing/designer-dresses-and-skirts/kate-spade-essentials-jillian-dress/NJMU1027,default,pd.html?dwvar_NJMU1027_color=001&start=32&cgid=clothing-dresses-and-skirts
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5202ee3c-eb80-4529-b04f-d4a60fb1b3f0Post:909930c4-43c9-4894-bd4c-cf2e44a4aee7">Re: Weekend Chit Chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! I'm back from outlet shopping. I got a dress for H's Christmas banquet. It's a bright red Kate spade dress. I got it for 60% off! Here it is in black but I got it in red since its a Christmas party! <a href="http://www.katespade.com/designer-clothing/designer-dresses-and-skirts/kate-spade-essentials-jillian-dress/NJMU1027,default,pd.html?dwvar_NJMU1027_color=001&start=32&cgid=clothing-dresses-and-skirts" rel='nofollow'>http://www.katespade.com/designer-clothing/designer-dresses-and-skirts/kate-spade-essentials-jillian-dress/NJMU1027,default,pd.html?dwvar_NJMU1027_color=001&start=32&cgid=clothing-dresses-and-skirts</a>
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    Very cute! And great deal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards