Wedding Reception Forum

intro music at reception

I would love advice on this..

I was thinking since my FI and I met working at Disney World, (more specifically Soarin'), when the DJ/MC announced us, the Soarin' music would start playing... whaddya think?? I figure since that's where we first met and since we worked together, I thought that would be kinda cool (and not too corny haha)... ??

What is YOUR introduction song going to be? :)

imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: intro music at reception

• Our intro song was Centerfield by John Fogarty.
  • We used a Better Than Ezra song (Absolutely Still) because we went to see Better Than Ezra on our first date. Our first dance song was also a BTE song.

I say if the song has meaning to you and you like it, go for it! Even if not everyone knows why you picked it, you will, and that's all that matters. One of my favorite moments was being introduced and walking into the room to BTE playing becuase it was personal to us and was just perfect. :)
  • We did "You're my Best Friend" by Queen because we both love Queen. Like PP said, if it's a song you both like that is meaningful to you, I think it's fine to use it, even if it's not well-known.

P.S. I LOVED Soarin' at Epcot! We went there back in '07.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I think your song sounds great!  There's no right or wrong for intro music.

H and I both love Phantom of the Opera, so our WP was introduced to "Masquerade" and we were announced at the crescendo of the "Phantom Theme".  I loved it :)
    Anniversary
  • omg! all those songs are great!! :D Yeah, We both met working at Soarin...I still remember it like it was yesterday...most of the people going to the wedding know that's how we met, so I think they'll get a good chuckle hearing the music!

I'm still thinking of what music to have the bridal party wak to...
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used "I Gotta Feeling"  by the BEP.  Our DJ asked us right before we walked in and we just told him to pick something as we didn't care.  We didn't do a bridal party intro.

Now that I've thought about it, I wish I would have used the NFL theme on Fox.  That would have been much more us!
  • We used "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch as our wedding party entrance - it was really fun and I can't wait to see the video of it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards