Florida-North Florida
Options

Hilton Sandestin and Seascape

I'm planning a destination wedding in Destin and currently narrowning down the many choices for our ceremony. I was thinking of Seascape or the Hilton Sandestin. Has anyone attended or had their wedding at either of these places? How was everything? Would you recommend it to someone else? Also what about their pricing and packages? We're planning for an early November wedding. Thanks for any input.

Re: Hilton Sandestin and Seascape

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to those hotel but I did attend a wedding a few years ago at the Pelican Beach Resort.  The ceremony was on the beach, cocktail hour on the deck, and reception inside overlooking the beach.  It was beautiful and the condos were nice to stay in too.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've stayed at the Hilton Sandestin.  It's your typical convention center-type hotel, but it is right on the beach and recently renovated.  The rooms are huge and you can't beat the location!  Very nice.

FI and I like to take weekend trips to Destin - our favorite place is the Sandestin Resort.  I have seen quite a few weddings at the Grand Sandestin - GORGEOUS. 
    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    PennsylPennsyl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did not "attend" the weddings, but was a guest at the Hilton in October. It appered to me that they did a good job of clearing the beach, etc., and ensuring privacy. Most of the other guests were respectful.

One thing I found odd was that they "double-booked" -- two simultaneous receptions on the patio. One was on the larger, beachfront side, while the other was on the smaller poolside patio right by the hotel poolside entrance. That set-up was a little awkward, as guests wanting to take an evening stroll had no choice but to pass through. They had it roped off and the wedding partiers all seemed to be having a good time. But still ...

• Options
    edited December 2011
      I have stayed as a guest at the Hilton San Destin several times. (I lived in Navarre)  They have a great spa and the rooms are a good size.  I have seen a wedding on the pool patio also during Labor Day Weekend and it was hot and started at 4 pm and I felt so sorry for the guys (Marine dress uniforms).  Once the sun went down a bit though it was lovely.  Saw a setup on the beach with tables for a reception and that was cool.   You really have to take a chance with the weather but when it works out it is gorgeous.  Eden State Park is not too far away and has some beautiful scenery too for wedding photos if you have time.
  • Options
    kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you'd consider having the wedding a little further to the east, but Bentley's on the Bay in Grayton Beach is awesome! We did our engagement session in Seaside, which is close by, and it's beautiful there! Not to mention that our photographer is amazing! If you're still looking for one you should contact her! http://sarah-jordan-photography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hi there! im a wedding planner in Destin and would love to help you out! Contact me at Kristi@KisstheBrideDestin.com i can help you with everything from a simple beach wedding to full planning and every detail. I work with every bride and budget :)  Look forward to hearing from you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards