New York-Hudson Valley

Bridesmaid Dresses

Does anyone know of any good dress shops or chain stores that sell nice cocktail dresses in the HV. We're looking for a place that has most sizes in stock (though they're all average size), where the girls won't have to order. We just need simple black cocktail dresses basically. I will be adding the accents to match the theme. If anyone knows of anything, plase let me know! I'm not really a dress wearer, so I'm not sure where to begin. Thanks all!

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• edited December 2011
    Macy's in  Danbury has a really well stocked dress deaprtment. I actually looked there first for our BM dress since we were going to buy short. You might also try Nordstrom, although you may need to order sizes online. Also Lord and Taylor, if you are in the lower Westchester area.
  • edited December 2011
    Lord and Taylor generally has a nice selection.  Off Fifth at Woodbury Commons sometimes has nice dresses, but it's def hit or miss.  There's a Jessica McClinktock store at Palisades that sometimes has cute dresses too.  And if you're looking at black, you may want to try White House Black Market-I loooooove their dresses!
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will also say black house white market.  They have a lot of dresses.  Or maybe Ann Taylor.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

if you want to save money, I'd probably try Macys in a larger mall.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You guys are the best. We'll be hunting next saturday morning, so I'll check these places out! Thanks so much, I'll let you know how it goes. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Like all Pp's said - Mavy's, White House, Black Market and Ann Taylor will have the best selection. That's assuming you want everyone in the same dress. If you let the girls pick you basically have the entire mall to choose from!
  • edited December 2011
    It's funny because I told them short length and Black and that it didn't matter if they matched, but they didn't seem to get it and so now it's a big production. Who knows? lol
  • edited December 2011
    Bloomindales...white plains has a nice selection...some are expensive but if you have petite girls...they have a great petite section!
  • edited December 2011
    i'll second lord and taylor. there's always a sale, and there are coupons all over the place so you can get a really great deal. i've gotten $300 for under $100 there before!!!

there's also j.crew and ann taylor, both are easily availible, reasonably priced, and have storefronts in westchester.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I definitely need reasonably priced so thanks for that info :)
  • edited December 2011
    So here's how this mess went down:

Only my maid of honor could make it, one of BM's flaked, and the other was too pregnant to try on anything.

So we started at Macy's, and everything there just sucked, so we my MOH wanted to just look through the mall before we went anywhere else, and we ended up in this store called Seagull. We found her dress there, which is a very sparkly, cocktail length, black dress with a huge jewel under the bust. I don't have a picture but it's really very pretty, we both loved it and it was only $42, so that was nice for her.

I found the dress there that I want the other two to wear as well, but I know one won't fit, and the other needs to wait till after she heals up to try anything on.

But at least I got one out of the way. Thanks for all the great suggestions, even though I never made it that far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards