Wedding Etiquette Forum

Are you effing kidding me?

Re: Are you effing kidding me?

• Loopy, we are moving everything next Saturday so we're supposed to be all packed up this weekend.  It's just a couple miles down the road in a really nice and quiet area. I'm really excited to get back into a house. Dreaming of having BBQs, putting up Christmas lights, etc.
    It also has gas washer/dryer hookups which is kind of rare in these parts so no more trips to sketchy laundromat to dry our clothes!
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:8b56f703-a27e-4138-ba89-829aa676032d">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy, we are moving everything next Saturday so we're supposed to be all packed up this weekend.  It's just a couple miles down the road in a really nice and quiet area. I'm really excited to get back into a house. Dreaming of having BBQs, putting up Christmas lights, etc. It also has gas washer/dryer hookups which is kind of rare in these parts so no more trips to sketchy laundromat to dry our clothes!
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

<div>That's exciting! I hate laundromats. Congrats on the move : )</div>
  • Poke - Steffi came back and spent like 12 pages digging herself a bigger hole.  And some people think parents have no business taking infants or children to midnight screenings of loud and violent movies - and some people think judging parenting choices when their child has been hurt by a gunman is focusing on the wrong thing at a time like this.  And then there's apparently e-ring talk - but I haven't gotten that far.
  • Thanks, Poke. We're just hoping our dryer still works; it's been sitting out on the back porch for a while. We shall see!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited July 2012
    Poke - I think part of the reason FFF was good was since it was actually flaming of regs and debating/arguing between regs and not random newb posters. A good chunk was flaming Stefffiii who showed up and continued to argue. Kwills also dropped in but added no entertainment. 

ETA: Loopy's faster. It also discussed trolls and who was who back in the day. Then it made way to e-rings, moved to buttsex, and then bacon flavored lube.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:07ad0694-9457-483d-b889-7b92ce8bd75d">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke - I think part of the reason FFF was good was since it was actually flaming of regs and debating/arguing between regs and not random newb posters. A good chunk was flaming Stefffiii who showed up and continued to argue. Kwills also dropped in but added no entertainment.  ETA: Loopy's faster. It also discussed trolls and who was who back in the day. Then it made way to e-rings, <strong>moved to buttsex, and then bacon flavored lube.</strong>
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Whoa. Ok, now I'm glad I missed the last few pages.
    imageAnniversary
  • Tracy - that IS exciting. Good luck with the move.  I can't wait to move out of this apartment, but reality - that's still at least 9 months away.  I'm sure it will go faster than I think it will, but I'm really not enjoying apartment living after 8 years in a house.
  • Did kwills post much? I didn't even realize for a while. Definitely not as memorable as usual.  Was it really her?
    imageAnniversary
  • I can't believe I missed all that. How entertaining.

I don't think I want to try bacon flavored lube.
  • I could believe the Stefffiii / Kwills thing.
    imageAnniversary
  • I don't think KWills and Steffffi are the same person. 

I too would not like to try bacon flavored lube. I don't even know why one would create such a thing. 
  • I can't believe she came back here. Or, I guess if she is Kwills then she probably never really left. Creepy.
  • I don't really think they are the same person but I suggested it was strange they never post at the same time after kwills posted. Stefffffiii came back to argue that she wasn't kwills. I just like to believe kwills is everyone who is new, especially when they are BSC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bacon flavored lube? That makes me gag just thinking about it.
  • I don't understand trolls. At all. I just don't understand how you could have THAT much free time. I don't have a job and I don't even have the time/energy for that kind of shiiiiit. But I'm also not BSC. Most of the time. 
  • I can't keep up with posting with one name. There's no way I could keep up and keep straight with multiple names.   I don't get it.
  • Question for you all, especially married ladies....

Did you have dress doubts or regrets before your wedding? Like serious ones where you wanted to look again. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Petal- Ya I freaked out when I got my dress in.  I hated it. But I kept them all in because my aunt paid a lot for my dress.  Once my alterations were done I liked it more but wasn't totally covinced.  I loved it on my wedding day. 
  • Petal, I've wanted to ask--is the dress you're wearing in your sig from Anthro?
  • tracym77tracym77 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Loopy - It's definitely hard going to an apartment after all that time.  I'm sure it will fly by for you though; I still can't believe it's been a year for us already. Actually, I wouldn't have minded staying in a condo but ours was crappy from day one.

When H went to give notice about a month ago that we wouldn't be renewing our lease, they asked what they could do to keep us. We made a pretty small list of just the absolute worst stuff.  Owner says it was totally reasonable, spent several hours here over the course of a weekend, sweet-talked us to no end, and then last week stopped calling and had the amazingly incompetent Lewis Companies call to say he wants us out after all. He decided to renovate completely so he can jack up the rent. Fair enough but he lied, wasted our time, and then didn't even have the balls to call H or answer H's call. Grrrr. I still get worked up thinking about everything we've gone through with this place.

So with 2 weeks to go, we had to start house hunting all over again. Every single day after work and all weekend. It was a tough week (lots of tears and sleepless nights) but I think we found a keeper this time! Sorry, that was way longer than I intended.
    imageAnniversary
  • I just can't fathom trolling/AEing... I couldn't keep up with the different personalities.

I do admit to being fascinated by the whole desire to troll/create a detailed AE thing. From a purely scientific POV. What is the motivation behind this behavior? WIll they become serial killers? Or is it just a getting one's jolly's sort of thing because they have shiity self esteem?  Do their lives lack drama so that they must create drama? Or are they just bored?  Does Steffii have Munchausen's Syndrome?  That sort of crap.
  • Petal - Nope.  I loved my dress every time I put it on.  I bought at the "Running of the Brides" sales at Filene's basement (you know - like "Friends") and it was the only time/place I tried dresses on.  I kind of regretted not doing a more typical search in a bridal shop and having that "bride" experience - but I never regretted the dress. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:4cfe1abb-f012-433a-9584-8811ddb12d93">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal, I've wanted to ask--is the dress you're wearing in your sig from Anthro?
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I got it at Dillard's. What is Anthro?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:fd94fa0f-60dd-4b23-a6af-2044e48fff2b">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question for you all, especially married ladies.... Did you have dress doubts or regrets before your wedding? Like serious ones where you wanted to look again. 

<div>Nope! I loved my dress.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:f026b675-d33b-4f6a-9f32-8a7140abf575">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy - It's definitely hard going to an apartment after all that time.  I'm sure it will fly by for you though; I still can't believe it's been a year for us already. Actually, I wouldn't have minded staying in a condo but ours was crappy from day one. When H went to give notice about a month ago that we wouldn't be renewing our lease, they asked what they could do to keep us. We made a pretty small list of just the absolute worst stuff.  Owner says it was totally reasonable, spent several hours here over the course of a weekend, sweet-talked us to no end, and then last week stopped calling and had the amazingly incompetent Lewis Companies call to say he wants us out after all. He decided to renovate completely so he can jack up the rent. Fair enough but he lied, wasted our time, and then didn't even have the balls to call H or answer H's call. Grrrr. I still get worked up thinking about everything we've gone through with this place. So with 2 weeks to go, we had to start house hunting all over again. Every single day after work and all weekend. It was a tough week (lots of tears and sleepless nights) but I think we found a keeper this time! Sorry, that was way longer than I intended.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What a diiiick. I'm glad you've found a good place though. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:66e6c98f-050b-449c-94e5-235d7bc93b6f">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just can't fathom trolling/AEing... I couldn't keep up with the different personalities. I do admit to being fascinated by the whole desire to troll/create a detailed AE thing. From a purely scientific POV. What is the motivation behind this behavior? WIll they become serial killers? Or is it just a getting one's jolly's sort of thing because they have shiity self esteem?  Do their lives lack drama so that they must create drama? Or are they just bored?  Does Steffii have Munchausen's Syndrome?  That sort of crap.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

Trolling is fun.  At least, fun trolls are fun.  When I was unemployed, it entertained me on days when I had nothing better to do. 

Now the trolls that say terrible things or are gross and stupid or insult people, well...that's just because people are shitttty.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I always loved my dress. I'm surprised I never had second thoughts because I am the most indecisive person ever and only tried on about 6 dresses total.

imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:87f95710-b0f8-42d0-8c20-f576d4314a6c">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you effing kidding me? : No, I got it at Dillard's. What is Anthro?
    Oh, okay. It looked like <a href="http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/clothes-dresses/24754962.jsp" rel="nofollow">this dress</a> I wanted to get for a wedding, so I was wondering. It's really pretty.

Also, to answer your question, yes, I did, but on the day of the wedding, I was really happy to be wearing my dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_are-you-effing-kidding-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:162a6298-f557-40f1-9c4a-484e713718eePost:66e6c98f-050b-449c-94e5-235d7bc93b6f">Re: Are you effing kidding me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just can't fathom trolling/AEing... I couldn't keep up with the different personalities. I do admit to being fascinated by the whole desire to troll/create a detailed AE thing. From a purely scientific POV. What is the motivation behind this behavior? WIll they become serial killers? Or is it just a getting one's jolly's sort of thing because they have shiity self esteem?  Do their lives lack drama so that they must create drama? Or are they just bored?  Does Steffii have Munchausen's Syndrome?  That sort of crap.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>I think 9/10 times it's just because they're a fuuuucking loon.</div>
  • I had dress doubts.  I still do regret a bit--but now it's more related to me not getting it altered again.  I love my dress, and I ended up being glad I picked it, but it fit poorly and I debated getting it altered again but decided against it, and I wish I would have.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards