African American Weddings
Options

Don't mind me...Im just a lurker :)

Hello Ladies..

I've been lurking on this board and thought I would just come out and say hi! Before I begin let me just start by saying that I am not engaged YET and im just lurking the boards because A: BF and I are openly discussing wedding/engagement/budget and B: It's an unhealthy distraction at work lol. I originally started a knottie acount when I was helpinig a friend plan her wedding. So I decided to make my own now. I have found interesting ideas so far but also have seen the ugly side of the knot. People are entitled to thier opinions but dannng they are taking it to the streets on the net!

Anyway please dont mind me if I come across and ask random questions. I'm simply curious and basically living vicariously through you all..and David Tutera Wink.

This seems to be the only board I've come across where people respectfully give their opinions/advice and to that I say thank you!

Looking forward to getting to know/learning from you all Wink
~Forget or life is yours to miss~ Johnathan Larson - RENT Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Don't mind me...Im just a lurker :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Don't be afraid to ask questions, we won't bite Laughing
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome!

As you can see we have engaged, already married, and not quite engaged ladies offering advice from wedding related and NWR.

I would like to believe we take pride in helping one another instead of trying to be Queen Bs squashing the innocent. LOL!

Ask all the questions you desire.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    lyar915lyar915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I do believe I seen them victimize you on another board. Forget them!!! LOL!
  • Options
    Tootie512Tootie512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_dont-mind-meim-just-lurker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:639562c9-5130-4f03-8591-efcc1cb4cfb4Post:16dea957-b751-40a5-9068-b7557c432287">Re: Don't mind me...Im just a lurker :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! I do believe I seen them victimize you on another board. Forget them!!! LOL!
    Posted by lyar915[/QUOTE]

Hey folks will say what they want to say behind a screen but its all good. I take no offense. Some people feel its not healthy to preplan or research but if my boyfriend and I are openly discussing things pretaining to a wedding and he sees nothing wrong with it then thats us. Just cause a handfull of girls start say stop does not mean im going to you know :)
    ~Forget or life is yours to miss~ Johnathan Larson - RENT Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!! Feel free to ask questions & give input as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Beware of the other boards - ask all your questions here only! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the nicest board on the knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI and I started planning our wedding before we were "officially" engaged also...we even booked our venue before I had a ring on my finger!  So don't feel bad and jump right in!  Let us know what kind of wedding you all are thinking about...

Welcome! 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome hun, throw yourself in with us!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Tootie512Tootie512 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for the warm welcome :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Tootie!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, welcome to the board Smile
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board.  This board is awesome and very supportive of each other.  So, ask away!  Smile

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! This is indeed the best board ever!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the board tootie!!!!  I am fairly new as well, but this is the only board I visit now.  They are extremely catty elsewhere and take pride in it.  Soooooooo can we get some background info or something?!?!?!?! Introduce yourself girl!!!!

• Options
    lsk40lsk40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome I wish I would have started planning my wedding before hand I would tell anyone to start early
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_dont-mind-meim-just-lurker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:639562c9-5130-4f03-8591-efcc1cb4cfb4Post:445fde06-830d-461b-8491-069ff0bbaf57">Re: Don't mind me...Im just a lurker :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome I wish I would have started planning my wedding before hand I would tell anyone to start early
    Posted by lsk40[/QUOTE]

I know right! The time passes so quickly!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!!! You're free to start planning your wedding....you don't need their approval!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards