Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening

Re: Evening

• eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:576691a8-57e3-4cf8-9b77-08170d191e04">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : Bookswim.com. My ex found it for me, and it's the best thing ever... like Netflix for books. They changed their prices though... I still have my old price since I was grandfathered in, so I can have 9 books a time for $31 a month. As fast as I can read them, I can send them back and get more... I think I have to send them back in packages of at least 5. There's no limit to how many you can get in a month... if I could read a book a day, I could get 30 books in a month, etc.. for $31.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Does it do recommendations like Netflix? 'Cause that would be awesome. I'm always looking for new stuff to read, and it would be nice to be able to get recommendations based on whatever formula they use to examine my favorite genres and ratings.
  • That's pretty awesome, Angel!  I'm going to check it out. 

Poke, my H has a nasty burn scar from his exhaust too.  That shiit gets hot.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:906c1b4e-2b69-407f-ad7c-913df77e9fab">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys! : D I have to say I am pretty pleased with myself. But I'm not allowing myself too much pride, because there is still plenty of time to gain my weight back before the wedding - so I have to keep being good ; ) My dad had a motorcycle - I have a large burn on my leg from it. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>You should wear pants when you ride! Shorts and flip-flips is a big no-no.</div>
  • Yay, Poke!

J, I just sold my massive collection of Maeve Binchy and Rosamund Pilcher books. I also have nearly all of John Grisham's books, as well as a surprising quantity of liberal nonfiction. to be fair, most of those were gifts, but I still kept them. 

Also, I have an entire bookshelf (not one shelf, but a whole unit) devoted to knitting and crochet books.
  • So cool Poke! That is not an easy task!
  • Ski - I'm not married yet but FWIW I sent out my invites on Friday and got RSVPs back by Monday. But I still haven't received the majority of them. 
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I don't know if I'll actually get my dream motorcycle, seeing as house and other financial things come way before motorcycles. It's probably a pipe dream, but we'll see.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:548ac8f4-9c34-4e56-ab31-12bb4ee9bc68">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : You should wear pants when you ride! Shorts and flip-flips is a big no-no.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

My H was wearing pants when he burned himself, they had blown up and he didn't realize it until he accidentally hit the exhaust.

I would truly never actually make fun of anyone's reading material.  I have so many weird books on my bookshelf that I've got no room to judge.  I DO make fun of people that read romances in public though. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:d669b89a-21a8-44e6-b388-1af1f49226e2">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : Does it do recommendations like Netflix? 'Cause that would be awesome. I'm always looking for new stuff to read, and it would be nice to be able to get recommendations based on whatever formula they use to examine my favorite genres and ratings.
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

They do, but it's only like 6 at a time. The site is pretty awesome in general though, I'm glad I found it. I used to buy all my books. I have a Kindle now, but I don't use it much because I don't want to buy the books, I'd rather just rent them. They need to do renting books for Kindle, then I'd be SOLD.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dude Eagles, if you're gonna set limits, ya gotta be prepared to enforce them. Good night!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:548ac8f4-9c34-4e56-ab31-12bb4ee9bc68">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : You should wear pants when you ride! Shorts and flip-flips is a big no-no.

I used to wear shorts and flip flops, I was dumb. Luckily nothing ever happened.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:0dc9976b-b217-4b66-9eca-68c788dd5919">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, Poke! J, I just sold my massive collection of Maeve Binchy and Rosamund Pilcher books. I also have nearly all of John Grisham's books, as well as a surprising quantity of liberal nonfiction. to be fair, most of those were gifts, but I still kept them.  Also, I have an entire bookshelf (not one shelf, but a whole unit) devoted to knitting and crochet books.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>ETA: And gobs of Mary Higgins Clark and James Patterson--the not so great James Patterson.</div>

<div>I was young - like 12 - when it happened. The exhaust pipes were both on one side, but the saddle bag on the "safe" side had my moms Mothers Day dinner stuff in it so I got off on the other side to avoid spilling it. Before my dad realised what I was doing it was too late haha. </div>
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Yeah, I've read every book Mary Higgins Clark has published. I've read some Mary Jane Clark, too. 

Oh, how could I forget my favorite author OF ALL TIME, Nelson Demille.
  • I LOVE Nelson Demille!

• I got another blizzard for myself while I was out... good thing my dress doesn't need to fit for another 8 moths.
  • hi ladies!  I *may* have found a home for my stray cat that has been living in my bedroom since October.  keep your fingers crossed!
    Photobucket
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Oh my god, I can't describe my love for Nelson Demille. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:b60642b8-bad8-4000-b365-499808c7d754">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my god, I can't describe my love for Nelson Demille. 

I've never heard of him... I'll look into some of his books. Any ones in particular you like?
  • Yay for homes for stray cats!  Although, not much of a stray at this point ;)

I want a blizzard.  I think I sprained my ankle or foot today.  Or...did something to it?  It doesn't hurt, but it's a little swollen and it's hard for me to flex my foot up or spread my toes, and the tendon down the front of my shin is tight.  it's super weird, because it really hardly hurts at all.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:9a95076b-ee80-4b13-8c23-35d3d93a670a">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got another blizzard for myself while I was out... good thing my dress doesn't need to fit for another 8 moths.

<div>You guys are killing me. First Loopy yesterday, now you. I have got to get me some DQ.</div>
  • I have two Nelson Demille books on my shelf. I got them at a library sale. I have yet to read them.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:ec0b2966-6a46-49ca-a23b-07dac15d9fa6">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening : I've never heard of him... I'll look into some of his books. Any ones in particular you like?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Plum Island, The Gatehouse, The Lion series (I forget the order).

</div>
  • Which ones, Special?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8614bd1a-ff61-4726-bbaf-cd017386c0a9Post:9a95076b-ee80-4b13-8c23-35d3d93a670a">Re: Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got another blizzard for myself while I was out... good thing my dress doesn't need to fit for another 8 moths.

<div>Haha - I want ice cream right now so bad. </div>
  • Spencerville and something else. The shelf is too far away (like ten feet).
  • I know, i feel so bad for the poor guy being stuck up in my room all the time.  He is the sweetest cat ever - my husband actually wants to keep him and get rid of the other 4 :)
    Photobucket
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Basically the John Corey books from Nelson Demille are my favorite. The General's Daughter is really good too.

John Corey is this kickass Anti-Terrorist Task Force agent who basically goes head to head with a really.intense.terrorist. 
  • The Lion was my favorite.

• Erin, have you read any Jonathan or Faye Kellerman books?  They're good crime thriller/mysteries.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards