California-Northern

Has anyone hired local photographer krissie rosa

i found krissie rosa online and she is local (elk grove). I love her pics and she has great prices. My wedding isn't until next march and my fiancé isn't sure about giving her a deposit now with the wedding being so far away? $300 is the deposit amount. I asked for references, but wondering if anyone in Sac had hired her or know of her? Is this a normal amount to request? The pkg I chose is $650

Re: Has anyone hired local photographer krissie rosa

• aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not hire her because I didn't like the way she photographs, not my style, and her photos look like something I could delegate someone in my family to shoot for me, but that's just my opinion. I would highly consider looking around into other photographers, because they all have very distinct styles. I'm in the Sacramento area as well and I went with Alicia Gines: http://www.aliciaginesphotography.com/. She is AMAZING, and for $150 more, not sure if that is within your budget, you will get quality, stylised, and amazing photos. She is a doll, and such a sweetheart to work with, and flexible on her prices as well. I stalked craigslist also, I'm assuming what's where you found Krissie Rosa because she's all over that site, and that's how I found Alicia. You have plenty of time to book someone, just do your research and really pay attention to the photographers shooting style, because I wouldn't want you to get ripped off for something that a non professional could do and make look exactly the same and for free.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for advise. I will definitely look around more before I give a deposit to anyone. I will also check out Alicia Gines too.
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya you guys still have plenty of time. My FI thought I was crazy for wanting to put down a deposit in January and our wedding is in November, mind you we are only paying $800 for two shooters, 6-8hrs of coverage on the wedding day, an engagement shoot, and a photo book + a print credit. He seems to think you can plan a wedding in 4 months and vendors will still be available, silly goose.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at her website and honestly was unimpressed by her photography.  The lighting was too bright, not enough saturation, and looked liked something I could have shot.  Just my opinion! 

• edited December 2011
    Who you choose for your Photography should be based off their style. If you like their style and you like them then your good to go. As soon as your sure of who you want put down the deposit. Not only because your date may be taken by someone else, but also because rates change. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards