Snarky Brides

Food shame

2»

Re: Food shame

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:333334b5-4f3d-421b-ab40-7999fdf7153b">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also have a weird habit of the last bite needing to be the best.  I apparently eat very deliberately, as FI has noticed in the past 4 years.  If the last bite of a sandwich has crust on it, for example, I won't eat it.  The last bite of chili must have the perfect proportion of chili, cheese, and sour cream.   Does anyone else do this?  Is this some kind of learned trait because where in the world would I pick this up from?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I do this, which is why I eat the outside of hamburgers first. I go around the hamburger in a circle and the very middle is my last bite. I do the same with sandwiches.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I love how many people I got hooked on smart food. That stuff is amazingly addictive. The only thing tastier than smart food is licking the cheese off your fingers when youre done.

Holy crap I love food.
  • Besides my normal gluttonous eating habits, probably the most shameful thing I've done is drink waffle syrup straight from the bottle.  No, seriously.

And when I was a kid, I would lick my hand and stick my whole hand in the sugar jar.  Remove hand.  Lick hand.  Repeat as necessary.

SaveSave
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:333334b5-4f3d-421b-ab40-7999fdf7153b">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also have a weird habit of the last bite needing to be the best.  I apparently eat very deliberately, as FI has noticed in the past 4 years.  If the last bite of a sandwich has crust on it, for example, I won't eat it.  The last bite of chili must have the perfect proportion of chili, cheese, and sour cream.   Does anyone else do this?  Is this some kind of learned trait because where in the world would I pick this up from?
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish I did this. I eat super fast, which makes it really hard to stop before I get super full. I almost always make myself sick. I can finish a huge bowl of mac and cheese in about five minutes.</div>
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]
    Perfectly logical. It will be the last taste in your mouth, so it better be good. I always save my last bite for something I love or, like you siad, the perfect mouthful. Nom.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:2d939651-a69b-4053-b04f-6b497762fde2">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]Besides my normal gluttonous eating habits, probably the most shameful thing I've done is drink waffle syrup straight from the bottle.  No, seriously. <strong>And when I was a kid, I would lick my hand and stick my whole hand in the sugar jar.  Remove hand.  Lick hand.  Repeat as necessary.</strong>
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]
    lol this is awesome
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:5a5ef0cd-2e22-46fe-bcc3-4d618cf18e2b">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how many people I got hooked on smart food. That stuff is amazingly addictive. <strong>The only thing tastier than smart food is licking the cheese off your fingers when youre done</strong>. Holy crap I love food.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    *drools Homer Simpson style*

I have seen other types of Smart Food, like cinnamon and sour cream/onion, but I can't bring myself to deviate from the white cheddar kind.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:df454204-f9cd-4333-b965-d7c20955c066">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food shame : Well, you ARE from Texas. I'm pretty sure they revoke your residency if you don't like salsa.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    THis is true, but I never had salsa until I moved here for college, and I didn't like it at first. And I never had avocado or guacamole until my senior year. Now I eat it all the time. I LOVE avocado.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yaga, I kind of do that.  I'm not necessarily super particular about making sure that the absolute last bite is the best, but I do always save the best part of what I'm eating for last.

SaveSave
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:d99f0a95-da75-44f2-ada2-b597d60fd94d">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food shame : THis is true, but I never had salsa until I moved here for college, and I didn't like it at first. And I never had avocado or guacamole until my senior year. Now I eat it all the time. I LOVE avocado.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>See, avacado is next on my things to try list. I just can't bring myself to actually try it.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    When I was a kid my mom and I used to make home made pizza once a month or so and one time I decided to dip a slice of raw mushroom in the tomato sauce. Its so yummy! She had to start cutting me my own mushrooms to snack on cause id always eat too many of the ones for the pizza.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:d6fc51ec-9e8d-4ffe-a339-4d274fb701e1">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food shame : FOOD SWAP! Heh. Did you watch Anthony Bourdain last night, by chance?  Apparently all of us in KC eat nothing but meat/bbq.  I do love some ribs on occasion - like twice a year.  But, yeah, I eat plenty of other food as well - even vegetables (eyeroll)..  And we have a lot of great places here that don't involve BBQ sauce & paper napkins.  Grrr.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see him, but I didn't know there were veggies in KC. What a concept!<div>
    </div><div>He did a show in Austin about a month ago and DH's BFF and her FI happened to show up at teh BBQ place while they were filming. They got to eat with him. I was so jealous!</div>
  • Ugh.... I still buy Fundip!  I'm a sugary-candy addict.  I'm probably that company's only customer.  FI thinks I'm sick.

SaveSave
  • I watched my step-cousin snort a Pixie stick once. His nose started bleeding.
  • Anthony Bourdain-nomnomnom. He is my celeb 'free pass'.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:2d939651-a69b-4053-b04f-6b497762fde2">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]Besides my normal gluttonous eating habits, probably the most shameful thing I've done is drink waffle syrup straight from the bottle.  No, seriously. And when I was a kid, I would lick my hand and stick my whole hand in the sugar jar.  Remove hand.  Lick hand.  Repeat as necessary.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]
    I used to eat sugar with a teaspoon out of my grandma's sugar bowl. She'd find me sitting on the table with the bowl in my lap. My sugar addiction started early. I think I really just liked the texture. <div>
    </div><div>I used to eat Equal straight out of the package. It feels funny on my tongue. </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and canned, jellied cranberry sauce. A can at a time when I was like 6. I'd get so sick, but I loved it. </div>
  • Any, check out Sparky's new video on FB. Even he likes avocado. In fact, he loves it. 

Vinny from Jersey Shore is my celeb pass. I don't care if he is a man-whore. 
  • Lol! That is a messy baby.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

This is totally me. I always save the best bite for last. I eat my hamburgers in a circlular direction saving the center for last because that's usually where the most cheese/mustard/pickles are.  FI is the opposite and sometimes will try to steal my last bite and he will get his ass reamed out for that move.

I used to eat butter straight up as a child. Now, I barely eat butter. I order toast dry and everything.

My food shame is probably sunflower seeds. I can't stop eating them once I start. It's horrible..I look like a baseball player. But they are so salty and delicious and they give my mouth something to do.
    June 16, 2012
  • NebbNebb member
    lol sorry jcbs
  • jujub423jujub423 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    As a kid: shortening mixed with sugar, cheese and ketchup sandwiches.

Now: I will bake and eat an entire pan of raspberry crisp, and I like mixing my chili with mashed potatoes.  Oh, and any favorite food of mine is eaten with an iced tea spoon whenever possibIe.  

I totally agree about saving the best bite for last :)
  • MM's in chocolate custard and sour cream with salt and viniger chips!
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_food-shame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:be6ba9e2-ed53-44e9-beff-f6de29a21f5aPost:a3993c5a-c36b-4898-ba57-1e842baa7eaa">Re: Food shame</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anthony Bourdain-nomnomnom. He is my celeb 'free pass'.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>You have excellent taste!</div><div>
    </div><div>In high school I used to make grilled cheese sandwiches with jalepenos, cooked in Crisco. They were so crisp and delicious but damn they were greasy.</div><div>
    </div><div>We would also eat sour cream and small cubes of cheddar on top on Cape Cod chips. Nom.</div><div>
    </div><div>In middle school we would put Pixie Sticks on Rings Pops and follow it up with Jolt cola. I can only imagine how obnoxious we were after that but it sure was fun! </div>
  • I'm super late to this, but my cousin and I used to buy street corn all the time when we were kids in Southern California. It was a guy with a shopping cart that had corn on dowel rods, smeared with mayo and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and sometimes chili powder. We friggin' LOVED that stuff. That's probably the weirdest thing I've eaten, not only for the flavors, but also for the food sanitation aspect of it.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • NebbNebb member
    I've never heard of mayo on corn before.
  • Yup, and it was delicious. I can only imagine how horrible for you they are, but here's a recipe .

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I have in the past...a time or two...bought a box of those mini cinnamon donuts and dipped them in cream cheese icing. When I had my barium enema and colonoscopy I couldn't eat for like...3-4 days before and after I was allowed to eat again I ate some pretty disgusting things. I bought a box of KFC chicken and dipped the skin into gravy and just ate that. I also got a HUGE poutine and mixed the chicken skin in that. I seriously ate so much I made myself sick...then ate more. Yeah...not my proudest moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards