Ohio-Cleveland

Last thing on the to-do list: Rehearsal Dinner Location HELP!

I just hit the brick wall with this rehearsal dinner.  The in-laws are from Pittsburg and have left choosing the rehearsal dinner location up to me.  I have googled my heart out and can't find a ton of options.  We have 30-35 people attending (unless the father-in-law adds yet more people to the list) and are trying to keep it $20pp or under.  Budget is $700 or under but tax and gratuity keep putting me over budget.  Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Last thing on the to-do list: Rehearsal Dinner Location HELP!

• K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What area were you thinking? I had my RD at the Claddagh in Legacy Village and I think it was around $20 per person (but that was last year so I don't know if prices went up at all). They have a large semi-private area off to the side that's perfect for a group so you aren't sitting in the restaurant part.
  • edited December 2011
    Rehearsal is in Middleburg Heights and guests have hotels in Medina near the reception site.  Thanks for the info... much appreciated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are having ours at John Christ winery in Avon.  We are having Scott's Fire & Ice come in and cater.  They do gourmet wood fired pizzas and homemade gelato.  I think for all you can eat salads, pizza and gelato it's $17 or $18/person.  To rent space at the winery you are only required to buy a case of wine...DARN! LOL.  So we are serving the wine as beverages!

Oh and the foodis AWESOMEEEE!!!!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Santo's in Middleburg Hts. has a party room that can hold up to 50 AND they have very good Italian food, including homemade noodles. I don't know banquet pricing, but regular menu items are very reasonable.

Also, we had our RD at Antonio's Restaurant in Parma (in the Parmatown Plaza). This was 6 years ago, but pricing then was $15/pp without alcohol. My ILs paid for it and what we did was they covered 1 alcoholic beverage per adult. Beyond that, people bought their own if they wanted. It worked out well, kept costs down, and allowed people to have a glass of wine (or whatever) with dinner. Antonio's doesn't have a private party room, but they reserved a portion of their secondary dining room for us and that was fine.

You might also check out Carrie Cerino's in N. Royalton, Tony K's in Berea, Bucci's in Berea and Alfonso's in Middleburg Hts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OK, Legacy Village is probably too far away if you're looking in the southern suburbs. I went to a wedding shower at Antonio's in Parma a few years ago, and it was really nice with great food! Definitely look into it!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you thank you thank you!  Going to start calling a few places tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Bucca di Beppo.  It is a family style Italian restaurant.  I looked up online what they offered, wrote up a menu and dropped it off a couple weeks before the rehearsal dinner.  I didn't want to waste time ordering food when we got there.  So the restaurant had all the food ready when we got there that night.

Around Christmas every year they offer a deal buy $100 worth of gift cards get a $25 gift card for free.  You are suppose to only use 1 free gift card at a time but I called and explained that I would having my rehearsal dinner there and they allowed me to use all the free gift cards I got.  I purchased $400 worth of cards and got $100 for free.

In the end we had 21 people (I think). We bought all the food and alcohol (everyone had beer and wine) for the night.  The bill (with 20% tip) was $700 but we had $100 off with the gift cards so we paid $600.

I could have ordered about $60-70 worth less of food.  The restaurant boxed everything up for us in small containers so we could freeze the food in perfect dinner portions.

If you are not planning on paying for the alcohol you could take about $175 off the total.
  • edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest a Legacy Village restaurant. Can't go wrong with so much there!!
  • we had Elegant Weddings by Maria help us. We ran into all kinds of stuff at the last minute. She knew the answers, who to call, what to do... save time and MONEY and call her. My daughers wedding was unbelievable. Good luck.

• ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corkscrew Saloon and Abbotinos in Medina should be able to accomodate you and I believe fall in your pricerange!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards