Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Deef Fried Turkey

So were tossing around idea's for our menu and we both LOVE deep fried turkey at Thanksgiving. Has anyone ever heard of a wedding having it before? Were planning on like 175 guest so I'm not sure if it would even be possible. Any thoughts, suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated!
Jenn

Re: Deef Fried Turkey

• You would have to ask your catering company if it can do this.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • We have it every year and it's fantastic!!!  if someone is catering, just check with them - and I'd taste it, if I could - when done right, it's marvelous!!!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    Have you found a caterer who will do this?  I know there are big safety issues involved and deep fried turkey for that many people would be quite the production.  They will have to do this ahead of time - how will that affect the taste?  Not trying to poo poo the idea, just want you to consider the logistics and if it is feasible for your caterer.

DISCLAIMER - typing without glasses.  Just came downstairs to close the windows on a car because (hopefully) it is going to rain.  Apologies ahead of time for typos.
  • Well my catering is my Aunt's resturant and I just wanted to have a semi idea of the situation before I proposed wanting it. I know she would try her harderst to do whatever I wanted I just don't want to plan something that is near impossible.
    Jenn
  • Does her restaurant offer fried turkey?  Does it have the equipment to deep fry several turkeys?
  • One of my friends did this for her wedding. It took a lot of fryers, and people to run them, and of course people to carve and serve. And it had to be done last minute, so you have to take all of that into consideration. But it was delish! I don't remember much else from the day (and I was MOH), but I remember that turkey!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_deef-fried-turkey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:e101a5e7-d89a-4093-9e66-6d1ab3091936Post:51889969-3328-4d70-99f0-7aaa0853248e">Re: Deef Fried Turkey</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my friends did this for her wedding. It took a lot of fryers, and people to run them, and of course people to carve and serve. And it had to be done last minute, so you have to take all of that into consideration. But it was delish! I don't remember much else from the day (and I was MOH), but I remember that turkey!
    Posted by coopsbaby[/QUOTE]

<div>I hope that was all hired out!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_deef-fried-turkey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:e101a5e7-d89a-4093-9e66-6d1ab3091936Post:e4ae110c-b351-4089-b78a-403be4804a4d">Re: Deef Fried Turkey</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deef Fried Turkey : I hope that was all hired out!
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I believe it was, because it was tons of work. Sure wouldn't ask MY friends to do it!

</div>
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards