Favors

Mini Flower Pot

For our wedding favor we are doing mini terra cotta pots painted with chalkboard paint and the top ring is painted in our wedding colors(hot pink and apple green). We bought tulip bulbs to put in them so everyone can take them home and plant them! But the problem is i don't know whether i should just place one bulb in every pot or if i should put potting soil in the pots and "plant" the bulb. Any ideas what would be better???

Thanks!!

Re: Mini Flower Pot

• I would probably just put the bulb and not add the soil. I feel like transporting them would be difficult and I wouldn't want any of the soil to spill out of the pot and look messy.
    If you really wanted to add the soil maybe you can find little packets of soil or put enough soil in a little clear bag of some sort so they could add it into the pot once they're home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where did you purchase the mini flower pots? I'm looking to do something similar to this as well. 
  • I got mine from a local flower shop. But i seen lots of different websites with them also!!
  • michaels has them in several sizes for cheap
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't do the soil unless you are going to wrap the whole pot up so that the soil doesn't spill everywhere when people are transporting them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards