African American Weddings

Bracelet & e-ring

For those who are wearing a bracelet, are you wearing it on the right hand/arm or the left one?
Are you wearing your ring on the left finger or the right one and switching it up after?

Little things I am loosing sleep over. LOL!

Re: Bracelet & e-ring

• edited December 2011
    My bracelets (I bought 3 but haven't decided yet whether I am wearing 1, 2, or 3) match my e-ring perfectly so I kind of want to wear the bracelet and ring on the same hand.
    But
    I never wear anything on my right hand and I think those fingers are fatter than the ones on the left hand. LOL! I know I will struggle to take off the e-ring afterward like last night if I put it on the right hand.
    So
    I want to wear everything on the left hand but I want to give some love to the right hand.
    But
    I don't want to look like i am in shackles or something if i wear bracelets on both hands

Here is the bracelet. It's not as loose as I need it to but that's ok...
    http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=337663&CategoryID=21182

I know this post clearly displays my neurotic tendencies but that too is ok. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    My bracelet,  is going on my right hand, my ering will be on right hand and I will be switching it over. But now Pas has me 2nd guessing my decision. LOL

Pas, that bracelet is gorgeous and it wont look like shackles if you wear it on your right hand, is your left hand bracelet very simple?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bracelet-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba83a8b3-3099-407f-9aa1-27b331f188faPost:5fa41d34-76ef-43e8-b5dd-af0f5ca108e9">Re: Bracelet & e-ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bracelet,  is going on my right hand, my ering will be on right hand and I will be switching it over. But now Pas has me 2nd guessing my decision. LOL Pas, that bracelet is gorgeous and it wont look like shackles if you wear it on your right hand, <strong>is your left hand bracelet very simple</strong>?
    Posted by MIABRIDENTAMPA[/QUOTE]

Lol. Girl, please don't second guess your self. Don't be crazy like me. LOL
    I don't have a left hand bracelet yet. But like I said, I have 3 of these bracelets and I can do 2 on one hand-one on the other, three on one hand-nothing on the other, 2 and 0, 1 and 0 or just buy a new one.... I don't know!
  • edited December 2011
    I was planning on wearing my bracelet on my right arm since normally I wear a watch on that wrist (I won't on the wedding), and I'll feel naked..

I was planning on wearing my e-ring on my left finger and my grandmother's ring(my something borrowed) on my right hand. I never thought about it though, is it the norm to wear your e-ring on your left hand????
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bracelet-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba83a8b3-3099-407f-9aa1-27b331f188faPost:45c163ac-1475-49ed-99a1-617764620233">Re: Bracelet & e-ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on wearing my bracelet on my right arm since normally I wear a watch on that wrist (I won't on the wedding), and I'll feel naked.. I was planning on wearing my e-ring on my left finger and my grandmother's ring(my something borrowed) on my right hand. I never thought about it though, <strong>is it the norm to wear your e-ring on your left hand</strong>????
    Posted by smooth84[/QUOTE]

Most people wear the engagement rings and/or wedding bands on the left hand, so because some people may want that finger naked  during the wedding for the exchanged of the rings at the ceremony, they put the e-ring on the right hand and after the ceremony they wear the set (e-ring + wedding ring) on the left hand...
    Hope that makes sense
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually had not given it any thought before now. great! tthanks for giving me something else to stress over lol.
  • edited December 2011
    hey Tam, anytime. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    I meant to say ISNT it the norm...lol...but thanks for explaining I never thought about the exchanging part. Now I've got some thinking do to
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing my bracelet on my right hand.  I think I'm just going to keep my e-ring on my left hand and take it off during the ring exchange part and then put it right back on. 
    My fingers on my right hand are fatter, at least my ring finger is and I don't want my e-ring whirling around on my right pinky finger.  It won't go over my knuckle on my right ring finger and although I could probably try harder to get it over my knuckle I don't know how I would get if off. lol.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I always wear bracelets on my right wrist anyway, so I think I'll wear my bracelet on my right wrist and my e-ring on my right hand on the day of the wedding. I think I'll switch over the e-ring after I get my wedding band though. I hope the e-ring fits on the right hand because those fingers are fatter lol. Omg, I just tried my e-ring on my right hand and I was struggling. What do I do now?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

haha @ Reka. Soapy water, that's what I used to get it off last night. LOL

Winter- that's exactely what i am talking about. Maybe I will just do it like you!

So I am happy to know I am not the only one with right fingers that are fatter than the left ones :)

• edited December 2011
    LOL Pas, you and I are so much alike! I have been struggling with this decisions as well! LOL I am leaning towards wearing my bracelet on my right wrist and wear my e-ring on the right as well. And then just switch over during the ring exchange.
  • edited December 2011
    Well unless I get a special single band made, I am going to go with a double band .Deep down I want a single band but my ring is heart shaped. So I will probably have to let the best man have it to already be in the double bandsYell
    I think I will be wearing my bracelet on the right had.

The enhancer that I like.

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Lol @ Brandi. We were meant to be. Let me know what you decide

Yas, I really want 2 bands and hopefully I get the second band for our 1st anniversary or something. So I love your bands
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bracelet-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba83a8b3-3099-407f-9aa1-27b331f188faPost:1137c619-603b-4e5c-bb90-8532c27a57fc">Re: Bracelet & e-ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol @ Brandi. We were meant to be. Let me know what you decide Yas, I really want 2 bands and hopefully I get the second band for our 1st anniversary or something. So I love your bands
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! That means a lot Pas because I had my concerns! LOL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, you better love it too. LOL. It's a different look and you can wear it in so many different ways so you can change it up.

Don't have them connected permanently (not sure what's the right terminology for that) together so you can have just the wedding bands like the 1st pic; or the ering with one band; or the e-ring in the middle of both bands; or the ering above both band; or the ering below both bands.... See where I am going?

Just look at it this way, your wedding finger can have a make over anytime you want :)
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!!! I didn't even think about it like that Pas!!! Thank you once again! Now I look forward to getting my rings! YAY!!!!Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I wore my bracelets on the right hand.  I did not wear my e ring.  I wanted the pastor to bless it with my wedding band. So the bm had all three rings (e ring, and our bands).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards