Not Engaged Yet

New here!

I'm technically not new to the knot, but I am to NEY and have done some lurking around. I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the other thread, but I figured this way everyone would get to see it and get to know a little about me, so here goes.

Screen Name: rahrah82
Significant Other's Age: 29
What You Do: work for a company for traumatic brain injury survivors
What SO Does: military
State of Relationship: going strong
How Long You've Been Together: officially 2yrs in Nov., unofficially 2yrs 4 months, lol
How You Met: friends in high school (he had a thing for me and finally got me)
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not yet, he said it would happen after this sept., but we know how men can be
Real Babies: none
Fur Babies: none
Loves: God, my family, my bf, music, tv, new restaurants, traveling, pinterest
Hates: two-faced ppl, liars, when ppl don't listen, ignorance
Pet Peeves: repeating myself
Hobbies/Activities: crafts, party planning, shopping, trying new make-up
Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is very smart and has beautiful eyes that i just love
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he leaves all doors open slightly (cabinets, laundry, linen closet) and leaves change everywhere
Describe Your Personality: fun loving, outgoing, a lil nice and a lil mean
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): prob a 6-7
I've Been On TK Since: first came to tk a few years ago, deleted it b/c it was with an ex, started a new account april 2011
How You Came to Be On TK: have always loved all things wedding and joined after dating the ex for a while
How I like my potatoes: mashed, fried, sweet, chip style, baked with toppings
Favorite book/author: I guess Zane and E.Lynn Harris
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have 6 wisdom teeth that will probably never get taken out

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers

Re: New here!

• You would hate me. I ask people to repeat themselves all the time.

Welcome. Were you a cheerleader? I'm assuming that's where your screenname comes from.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi, welcome. :) 

What made you want to start posting on NEY? 

Most intimidating poster? (don't be all lame and vauge with this one. I want names, dammit!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Favorite poster?
    Least favorite poster?
    How do you feel about Harry Potter?
    How do you feel about Hunger Games?
    Sushi?
    Wine?
  • Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Well I was cheerleader when I was very young, but my name comes from oldest niece.  When she was little she couldn't really say my name, Shamara, so she called me rahrah.

I decided to start posting here since I am still in that stage of my relationship, there is always the chance that the proposal could be delayed, and I figured this would be a good place to start after lurking.  I also frequently visit a few other boards.

I don't get intimidated easily, especially not by ppl I don't know, lol, but if I HAD to choose I think I might have to pick Peekaboo2011, she seems pretty straight forward.

I don't have a favorite or least favorite poster (as of yet).  No one jumps out to me right now, so I'll keep looking around and see.

I haven't really gotten into the Harry Potter books but I like the movies. I haven't read the Hunger Games or seen the movie, although I would like to.

I tried sushi once in college but I am willing to try it again to see if I might like it now.

Wine is wonderful, I love sweet wines and tend to like red wines over white.

Anything else, feel free to ask!
  • Welcome raharah!  Now I want to know how your SO finally "got you."
    Also, what was your favorite book you read within the past year?  Favorite movie?
    What food item do you HAVE to order if you see it on the menu?

• Hi there, welcome to the board!

Where did you go on your last vacation?
    Do you watch TV?
    What's the last movie you saw in the theaters?

• Welcome! I am still pretty new myself!
    I laughed when I read "he leaves all doors open slightly (cabinets, laundry, linen closet) and leaves change everywhere." Both of these things must be an epidemic among men!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well the short version of it is that we flirted here and there throughout the years. Kept in touch through mutual friends and would meet up with said friends everyone once in a while, and he would keep tabs on who I was dating, lol.  So one sunday he came to my church and we hung out later on that night and it happened from there. ( it's a much longer story but I didn't want to put it all in here)

I really haven't had a chance to finish any good books lately.  I tend to start one and then somehow never get to make it to the end, my life has gotten really busy :(

I have some old favorites and some new faves; the old include Dirty Dancing, Purple Rain, Legends of the fall, Gone with the wind, and Imitation of life.  The most recent ones would be Taken and the Girl with the dragon tatoo (and the original trilogy).

If I had to have something on a menu, it would probably be shrimp.

My last vacation was to Florida and we went to Disney!

I love TV, my DVR has tons of shows and movies on it!

The last movie that was current in the theaters at the time was Think like a man.  But the last movie that I actually saw that wasn't current was Battleship with my clients at the $2 movie theater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards