New York-Upstate

A Wedding in the Country

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you have looked at for your wedding or been to a wedding in the chapel in Galway called a Wedding in the Country. If you have seen it, what do you think?
Thank you!

Re: A Wedding in the Country

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been inside the chapel, but I have always loved it from the outside, and I have only heard wonderful things about the reverend there.
    September 2011 *September Siggy Challenge*: Color Inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there this past summer in hopes of finding a site for my ceremony.  I will start with the positive:  it is quaint and very cute inside, decent price ($500), and has ample parking.  The reasons why I decided to not book:  I did not like the Reverend (she talked a lot about herself; I tried to chime in, but could not get in a word.  She was a little abrasive.  By the time we left I knew so much about her, but she did not even ask for my fiance's first name!) It is situated really close to the road, so you can hear a lot of traffic, and sadly, the outside was really run down looking and did not have the privacy I was hoping for.  
    Sorry to be discouraging if I have been, but this is all in my opinion, so you have to find what works best for you.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I went there this past summer to look at it for the ceremony.  The website is VERY misleading.  As soon as we pulled in the "drive-way" we were ready to back out and go on to our next stop right away.  The paint on the outside is peeling, the "grounds" are not maintained, the front is so close to the road that if you take three steps out the door you are standing on the street.  The inside had a dusty look and smell to it.  Plus the Reverend told us that she only did weddings for fun and doing hair was her real job.  I wouldn't recommend this place at all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aral I totally agree... it was pretty bad!  I felt very mislead by the website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_wedding-country?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:129aa5dc-842f-47d0-9687-4fcf6591830dPost:236f9d4b-352f-480d-a191-aaa461d5d252">Re: A Wedding in the Country</a>:
    [QUOTE]aral I totally agree... it was pretty bad!  I felt very mislead by the website.
    Posted by mm133123[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it such a disapppointment??!?!  I was so mad we wasted our time!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Wow! I guess the website is very misleading... Thank you all for your responses. This really helps.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL it really was!  Well glad I could help you out.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards