New York-New York City

Venue Help!!! Garden or Park

HELP!I am looking to get married at a small park/garden in nyc/ NJ/ LI/ or the boroughs  (think Miranda’s wedding in Sex and the city not central park ). I will have a MAX of 50 people—probably closer to 40-45. I wanted a place I could put an arch of flowers. Afterwards, I wanted to do something unique. Small reception…I don’t like the hall banquet style or ballroom feel. Just a place to dance, drink, and eat- but different! Does anyone have any suggestions? HELP!!!I just want something unique

Re: Venue Help!!! Garden or Park

• TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prospect Park has the Picnic House, but it may be too large for what you want.  I know you can have a wedding outside there, but I didn't ask about using an arch or anything.  The rental fee was reasonable; I just don't remember what it is.  Brooklyn Bridge Park may also have something.  It recently opened.  Good luck!
  • amyedavamyedav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am getting married at the Prospect Park Picnic House next spring. We are having the ceremony outside and the reception inside. The park also rents the Boat House, It is more elegant, but in the end will become way more expensive because The Boat House uses The Moveable Feast exclusively. They are quite pricey. the Picnic House has many approved caterers to choose from. The Boat house cannot be rented until closing which is 6pm. the Picnic House offers any 8 hour block you choose.
    Both venues offer use of tables and chairs. The only chairs I have to rent are the ones for the outdoor ceremony. Hope that helps.
    Best,
    Amy
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I performed at a wedding at the Queens Botanical Gardens and it was gorgeous.  I never thought of that place as a wedding venue but they do a really nice job!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out a new venue for small weddings. www.totg.biz
  • edited December 2011
    If you are willing to travel to the Hudson Valley, I would recommend The Garrison, it's about an hour away from Brooklyn I just got married there and my wedding was exactly what you are describing. It is amazingly beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    If you find yourself with a slightly larger guest list, they Tosca Marquee.  You can have the ceremony on a rooftop garden.  The hall part of it looks really nice and not really like a "hall".  The minimum is 50

• edited December 2011
    Re: The Garrison. How was the price per head? Was it competitive when comparing it to prices in the outer boroughs and/or Manhattan on average? Did you look at its sister venue, Highlands Country Club? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards