Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Getting Waxed

Hey Ladies. Are any of you getting "waxed" before the honeymoon? Any recommendations on where to go?
Mrs-Flawless-Pitts

Re: Getting Waxed

• Options
    edited December 2011

Ooo I want to know this too - I have no idea where to go!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What area are looking to go? If you are near Media I highly recommend Christine @ Karma Salon & Spa. She uses very high quality soy based wax. I have tried several places and she is by far the most thorough and gentle.

http://karma-salonandspa.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Style Masters in Malvern before my b-pics.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine done before my b-pics- Envy in Elkton. I'll be going again in a week or two to a place in Hockessin. I don't remember the name of it though. Grr.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, I live in Havertown but don't mind going anywhere within 30 mins.... I have sensitive skin so I'm concerned
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fay- I have really sensitive skin too. Ridiculously sensitive skin. They usually give you a numbing cream, and then a cream for afterwards to keep ingrown hairs at bay. The biggest thing is to keep the area moisturized. And don't do it the day before you leave. If the wedding is on Saturday, go on Wednesday or Thursday so it gives you time to get all calmed down.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have super sensitive skin and have never had a problem at Karma. Other places - big time problems. Plus she gives you these little packets of cream to take with you for after.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to Salon Moda in Media for my one and only bikini wax... and they were great.

Wherever you go--ask if they use blue or hard wax.  Blue or hard wax is much easier on sensitive skin.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a brazilian with Ruth, the wax master, at le tiole in manayunk and she is awesome.  She uses the hard wax on the most sensitive spots.  It was great and I didn't have to shave for almost a month afterwards.  I go to her for my brows about once a month b/c she has a great eye for shaping to your face.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies....You all rock
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    jcathermanjcatherman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got to UltraBeauty on Busleton Ave in the Northeast. They're great and their rates a great too!
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do all of my own waxing so I don't have a rec but the place in Hockessin might be called J. Christian.

I strongly suggest doing armpits, even more so than bikini.  It is such a clean look and feel, esp for pictures.  I just did mine and, yes, it hurts but was worth it.
  • Options
    lilapple27lilapple27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a little bit of a drive, but Bobbi over at Trilogy Salon and Spa in Newark DE is phenomenal. I've never had an issue (extremely sensitive skin) and have been going to her for 12 years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards