Michigan-Detroit
Options

Non-denominational churches

Hi Ladies!

I am actually a Vegas bride but I am helping my cousin plan her wedding in Michigan. She is looking for a non-denominational church that allows you to bring in your own officiant. Her reception is in New Haven but she is not too particular on where the ceremony is, as long as it is within an hour or so. She would prefer to not have the ceremony in Detroit.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Re: Non-denominational churches

• Options
    flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had trouble finding one, too, but I finally found First Baptist Church of Birmingham. They're letting us bring in our own pastor even though he's Presbyterian.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are 5 listed in the latest edition of Metro Detroit bride, one of them ours!

- Newburg Church, at Greenmead historical village, (our venue) Livonia. $400 for Livonia residents, $500 for non-residents. Holds up to 100 people (they also have banquet facilities up to 100 there, and you can set up a tent, which we are doing)
    http://www.ci.livonia.mi.us/tabid/189/Departments/Community%20Resources/Greenmead/NewburgIntersection.aspx

-Martha-Mary Chapel, Greenfield Village: seats 125, fee is $1500 ($950 with catered event at Greenfield Village). 313-982-6220

- Historic Hope Chapel (Shelby Township municipal grounds, seats 80) $335 for Shelby Twp/Utica residents, $435 for non-residents, 2.5 hrs 586-731-0300

- Old Troy Church (seats 100) $450 for Troy residents, $550 non-residents, one hour rehearsal, 3 hr wedding time 248-524-3570

- Salem Walker Church, Washtenaw County, seats 224, rental $400. 248-437-0394

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, 1st Baptist runs about $1,100 for non-members. That includes building rental, janitor, organist, and coordinator.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards