Connecticut

HOUSE OF BRIDES

HAS ANYBODY ORDERED FROM HOUSE OF BRIDES???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES

• OMG please stay away from Internet purchases u don't see what you get! Besides your alterations become more expensive if you bring them from outside and not everyone likes to take on a responsibility. What dress are you looking at maybe there I'd a store here that can get the dress for you Message me and I will help you
  • Also, unless you're properly measured, you might order the wrong sizes for girls and dress websites won't help you if you're in trouble. 
  • House of Brides is an authorized dealer, so what they are sending you is the dress by the designer, not a copy. I did not use House of Brides but did use NetBride, a similar company, for our bridesmaid dresses and it was so simple and the communication was excellent. And contrary to the poster above, I took my dress to an independent seamstress in New Haven who was extremely cost effective.

• Not to mention every post by Chikachacha has been about another bridal salon in CT...vendor alert.
  • edited January 2012
    I agree with skarupak, I've been in many weddings were the bride ordered our BM dresses from Pearl's Place.  Like House of Brides, Pearl's Place is a brick and mortar store that also does a mail order business.  Neither of them are selling copies.  I also got my BM dresses and my wedding dress from Pearl's Place.  I had absolutely no problem and actually received better customer service than I did at some of the local stores I went to.  I had no problem finding a local master tailor to do my alternations which came in at about 1/2 the cost of the bridal boutique alterations that I got quoted on locally.

If you do your due diligence (i.e. have yourself properly measured, use that designer's sizing chart, check the company's BBB rating, look at other people's reviews, etc) you should be completely fine.  FYI, the bridal shops do the same things... they measure you and look at the designer's sizing chart to determine your size.  It's not rocket science, but you should have a seamstress measure you, since they know exactly where to take the measurements on your body.

Also beware of people that give red flag warnings and ask you to message them off the post to help you find a deal.  If they can't openly give their advice and recommend a place on the post it's sometimes because have a vested interest in the company they're representing and aren't giving a legit bride's review on the board.  It's against TK rules to be on the board as a vendor.  Not that that's necessarily the case here, but I've seen several similar reactions recently to bridal/bridesmaid attire here on the CT board and thought it was worth mentioning.

As long as you take the proper steps to vet the company you're looking at (and H of B appears to check out), I think you'll be fine.

Good luck and happy shopping!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_house-of-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:6caaf053-7449-4aec-90e4-61e9f1058d77Post:07e53004-238f-4616-9a64-79a88a548578">Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to mention every post by Chikachacha has been about another bridal salon in CT...vendor alert.
    Posted by skarupak[/QUOTE]
    lol!! You and I are on the same wavelength.... I didn't say it quite as overtly though. :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_house-of-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:6caaf053-7449-4aec-90e4-61e9f1058d77Post:5b2dc42d-e348-4e28-be91-43bc35ab6efb">Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES : lol!! You and I are on the same wavelength.... I didn't say it quite as overtly though. :-)
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

I couldn't help myself after the amount of eye-rolling I did when looking at her past posts. Only responding to posts about dresses, only talking about one shop or asking people to message her privately to help them find a dress. Barf.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_house-of-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:6caaf053-7449-4aec-90e4-61e9f1058d77Post:3bb24499-2201-49f9-a6dc-7084a532b765">Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES : I couldn't help myself after the amount of eye-rolling I did when looking at her past posts. Only responding to posts about dresses, only talking about one shop or asking people to message her privately to help them find a dress. Barf.
    Posted by skarupak[/QUOTE]

I am SO glad someone else noticed this! It's one thing to promote your favorite vendor on a board, but it's another thing to be completely, unabashedly obvious that you are self-promoting. Gag.

Aside from the fact that vendors are not supposed to even be on this board, it's just distracting and it undermines the whole idea of this forum being a place to share personal experiences and reviews. I mean, my own mom is a florist, and she does some awesome weddings, but I don't think I have ever even recommended her on here! Feels wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_house-of-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:6caaf053-7449-4aec-90e4-61e9f1058d77Post:89d25d18-84af-419b-8e92-546c6a47ca9b">Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOUSE OF BRIDES : I am SO glad someone else noticed this! It's one thing to promote your favorite vendor on a board, but it's another thing to be completely, unabashedly obvious that you are self-promoting. Gag. Aside from the fact that vendors are not supposed to even be on this board, it's just distracting and it undermines the whole idea of this forum being a place to share personal experiences and reviews. I mean, my own mom is a florist, and she does some awesome weddings, but I don't think I have ever even recommended her on here! Feels wrong.
    Posted by kfesta[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree... my business is a wedding related business, but you'd never know that, since I FOLLOW THE RULES and don't self promote.  I think that's how it should be too.  I found TK very helpful when I was planning my own wedding because I knew I was getting honest opinions and answers to my questions.  It makes it difficult to know who to trust though when stuff like that happens.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was thinking the same thing!
  • I was at Alfred Angelo today and found the same dress on house of brides fir almost half off...,can it be true?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards