Michigan-Grand Rapids

Place for outdoor ceremony

Anyone know of any parks in the Grand Rapids area that have pavillions just big enough for myself, fiance, and minister?

Its only for the ceremony so it doesnt have to be that big because our quests will be sitting on chairs in the grassy area.

Re: Place for outdoor ceremony

• Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several in the Grand Rapids area!   One of my favorites is located just south (and west) of Grand Rapids in Jamestown township (Between Grandville and Hudsonville). The park is called Spring Grove Park.  It is a very picturesque park! 
    Other parks that have pavillions are: 1) Johnson Park, which runs along the Grand River , 2) Ideal Park, a small park in the Wyoming area that has a couple walking bridges that cross over a small creek that runs through the park, 3) Wedgewood Park in Grandville is also very pretty with a creek and bridge. 4) Tassell Park is in the SE Grand Rapids/Ada area and runs along the Thornapple River.  5) Ada Township Park has a white gazebo and there is also a covered bridge nearby 6) The Veteran's Facility in G.R. near Riverside Park has a nice gazebo as well.  (Riverside might even have a pavillion). 7) Dwight Lydell Park in Comstock Park has a pavillion but what makes it unique is a large, working "water wheel".  8) At John Ball Park they have a Pavillion, an amphitheater and  another nice building on the park grounds.  I'm sure I can come up with more, but that at least gives you a few to get you started.
    Mother-of-the-Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards