Wedding Etiquette Forum

READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!

Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:6ff2b1e2-4b4a-4373-a3a7-4c5eb69705c8">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H is a rabid Dawgs fan, so I'm getting prepared to lose him for the next few months of Saturdays. Like a proper Georgia Southern Eagle, I used to be anti-UGA, but when you're married to one of the people you used to hate on principle it's hard. So now I'm Switzerland about it. The Dawgs are playing LA-Lafayette Saturday, so that's what we'll be watching.  The higlight of my weekend?<strong> I'm making buffalo chicken dip. </strong>
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

I have been obsessing for weeks about this!  Finally tonight I get it.  I even bought some blue cheese crumbles for the top. 
  • The Stacks make me explode with cute overload.
  • Holy cow, Stacks, she is just too cute.  And sassy :)

And I freakin' LOVE buckeyes.  The peanut butter chocolate things.  I think since H went to OU, I'm supposed to dislike OSU.  Maybe.  Or not, I don't know.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Georiga - I have HUGE issues with UGA!  I went to two bowl games with each of my alma maters playing UGA and my teams lost BOTH TIMES!  After having huge leads or come backs.  I do not like them in the slightest!

But I do like the Varsity.  So we will compromise.

• So you're using rotisserie chicken? I was debating what kind of chicken to use, but we're sort of low on funds, so I'll probably just bake a couple of chicken bewbs and cube them up. There'll be more beer money that way.

This will be my first time in buffalo chicken dip territory.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:4f3b2a79-782f-4eb6-a09d-5a02f2f1d3a9">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]bring on the nfl! pats fan here. i don't really follow college ball but i'll always root for ucla and maryland. and against usc and fsu.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

Well other than USC, FI loves the Pats. The most of any sports team. So you'd only hate each other 50% of the time!

I guess I could vaguely be called a Bills fan, but it's kind of embarassing to admit that.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • [QUOTE]Georiga - I have HUGE issues with UGA!  I went to two bowl games with each of my alma maters playing UGA and my teams lost BOTH TIMES!  After having huge leads or come backs.  I do not like them in the slightest! But I do like the Varsity.  So we will compromise.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Not like the Dawgs'll ever beat the Gators for the championship anyway, so we can all sleep easy on that info. :)
  • No worries TR, I went to OU and still love the Buckeyes.  They aren't rivals in anyway and you can certainly love both.  :)

And thanks for the lil stacks love guys.  She is the youngest in her class (made the cut off by 3 days) and I think she's going to run the entire classroom.  Should be interesting
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:982c1978-35cf-4ecc-ae44-ff06a68681da">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Penn Stater here.  CBS has FF for the college teams.  Last year I was in a league with my BIL and a bunch of his friends who are all Pitt alumni. It was fun but we only played with Big Ten and Big East teams so nobody had a real strong team.  This year we're playing with all FBS teams and recruited a few more girls to join including my sister.  Somehow I managed to get John Clay (WI) and Mark Ingram (AL) on my team so I'm hoping for some good fantasy points this year.  Overall I like my team.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

While I was at Purdue (2000-2005), Penn State wasn't that great, so no big rivalries there.  Plus Joe Pa is cute/funny/old.  I hope he's doing better.

I don't really know John Clay, but obviously know of Mark Ingram.   Good luck with Fantasy! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:c965d84d-ea3f-4323-a829-a48fbbf97da5">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Georiga - I have HUGE issues with UGA!  I went to two bowl games with each of my alma maters playing UGA and my teams lost BOTH TIMES!  After having huge leads or come backs.  I do not like them in the slightest! But I do like the Varsity.  So we will compromise.
    I watched LSU play UGA  last year in a bar in downtown Atlanta, filled with (obviously) UGA fans . LSU didn't win, and it was decidedly not fun.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:6ff2b1e2-4b4a-4373-a3a7-4c5eb69705c8">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H is a rabid Dawgs fan, <strong>so I'm getting prepared to lose him for the next few months of Saturdays</strong>. Like a proper Georgia Southern Eagle, I used to be anti-UGA, but when you're married to one of the people you used to hate on principle it's hard. So now I'm Switzerland about it. The Dawgs are playing LA-Lafayette Saturday, so that's what we'll be watching.  The higlight of my weekend? I'm making buffalo chicken dip. 

I totally read this as "I'm getting prepared for him to lose for the next few months of Saturdays". And then I CQTM.

Go Vols!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:4963d197-040c-4580-affb-dc511328561c">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?! : While I was at Purdue (2000-2005), Penn State wasn't that great, so no big rivalries there.  Plus <strong>Joe Pa</strong> is cute/funny/old.  I hope he's doing better. I don't really know John Clay, but obviously know of Mark Ingram.   Good luck with Fantasy! 
    Don't worry, he's actually been dead for 20 years. He's a reanimated corpse.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:b34f5aff-0490-408f-8419-d9ca9226ee06">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So you're using rotisserie chicken? I was debating what kind of chicken to use, but we're sort of low on funds, so I'll probably just bake a couple of chicken bewbs and cube them up. There'll be more beer money that way. This will be my first time in buffalo chicken dip territory.

I've only ever made it once and we just shredded up a rotisserie chicken from the store deli.  I know some recipes say just to use the cans of chicken, but I just can't imagine what that would taste like.  I think cooking your own chicken would work perfectly. 
  • Opal, that too unless they change it up. My dad's a Vols fan, even though he doesn't really care for football. He's from there, so it's more hometown pride (and gives him chances to rib my H) than anything.

LC, I can only imagine. Georgia fans are obnoxious.

Stacks, I don't think I could do the canned chicken either, so boobies it'll be!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:982c1978-35cf-4ecc-ae44-ff06a68681da">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Penn Stater here.  <strong>CBS has FF for the college teams.</strong>  Last year I was in a league with my BIL and a bunch of his friends who are all Pitt alumni. It was fun but we only played with Big Ten and Big East teams so nobody had a real strong team.  This year we're playing with all FBS teams and recruited a few more girls to join including my sister.  Somehow I managed to get John Clay (WI) and Mark Ingram (AL) on my team so I'm hoping for some good fantasy points this year.  Overall I like my team.
    Where has this been all my life? Now if they could only have it for college bball my life would be complete. March Madness brackets are not enough for me!
  • I also need to interject all this Big Ten talk and give a little love to the BADGERS! ON WISCONSIN!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:7441e27c-3bca-471a-b6a5-85b52bd276ca">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?! : Don't worry, he's actually been dead for 20 years. He's a reanimated corpse.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Haha!  My grandfather (who is actually a year younger than JoePa) likes to joke with me about how long he's going to coach.  Most of my family either went to Pitt or WVU so you can imagine how animated family dinners can get when the topic of football comes up.
  • Also, Cyclops and Sabretooth are ready for football season. That's Cyclops on one of DH's UT jerseys. Sabretooth needs no jersey, as he's already orange and white:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:61b874e1-0e60-4d9c-8b10-fa317f8248a9">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also need to interject all this Big Ten talk and give a little love to the BADGERS! ON WISCONSIN!
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

My high school fight song was written to the tune of On Wisconsin.
  • I am presently about 1/2 mile from the 'shoe, and have already been nearly mowed over by approximately 16,000 drunken frat boys. Nothing like football season in C'bus....so excited for tonight!
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Dear College Football Gods:

Please don't let Cal choke again like last year when they got ranked to #5, then tanked and played a Ty-D-Bowl game.  I would love to see Cal win the Pac-10 (um, 12 now?) and play in the Rose Bowl before I die.

Oh, and please let the BCS die. I mean, really.  What was so wrong with the old system?

Thanks,

Impslave
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:da4cac74-0c07-4bf3-87da-b78e5d565b18">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?! : My high school fight song was written to the tune of On Wisconsin.
    It's a good song!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:96a9dd68-313b-4a59-8d82-41927bac080d">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear College Football Gods: Please don't let Cal choke again like last year when they got ranked to #5, then tanked and played a Ty-D-Bowl game.  I would love to see Cal win the Pac-10 (um, 12 now?) and play in the Rose Bowl before I die. Oh, and please let the BCS die. I mean, really.  What was so wrong with the old system? Thanks, Impslave
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]

The only good thing that happened as a result of the BCS was allowing a Big 10 or Pac 10 school to play for the national championship.
  • Hell yeah I am ready for football. I am with Stacks - can't wait for the Ohio State game tonight. It sucks bc I have to work for the first part of it, but at least I can see the other half. It should be an easy game, even more excited for next weeks game against the  Miami Hurricanes. GO BUCKS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:83c2e4eb-c7a6-4144-b5a3-ec3e7e1358b4">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get to go to the VT vs Boise State game on Monday and I can't freakin' wait! GO HOKIES!
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

So jealous!!  I thought about going, but it's a late Monday night game.  I'm so nervous to see how we'll do!  Let's hope we run all over them.  Beamer Ball!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ready-football?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:65d80cf9-3743-4b7d-90d7-369ffe3e5da3Post:ea51dc40-8b55-476c-a38e-f4ffb06a95ad">Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?! : I totally read this as "I'm getting prepared for him to lose for the next few months of Saturdays". And then I CQTM. Go Vols!
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

I thought she was getting ready for UGA to lose for the next few months.  I was fine with that statement.

and Go Vols!!  I had a pair of underwear that was UT orange, and I wore it to support them sometimes. (FI is from Oak Ridge)  But the dog just chewed them.  No more Tennessee underwear.
  • Kentucky plays Louisville on Saturday!  They are the biggest rivals in the state, and the season starts every year with them playing each other.

GO CATS!
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • I'm way late to this, but I just have to say...BOILER UP!!! I'm still grieving over last years PU/ND game, so hopefully my Boilers can redeem themselves this Saturday!
  • Well, I'm never here so I missed this, but Smokey (and me) are ready for some football.

Go Bruins!

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• FI and I are both lifelong U-Dub fans and are hoping for a decent season this year! I cannot wait to watch Locker's senior year and hope Sark got the boys going this year! 

I went shopping today for the BBQ we will be having on Sat for the game... Agh! So excited! 

The next week we have tickets to the Huskies on Sat and the Hawks on Sun... A whole weekend of football and tailgating = heaven!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards