California-Bay Area

Looking for wedding dress shop to try on designer dresses and sip champagne

The bride would really like her bridesmaids (hi, that would include me), with her and  make a day of her first wedding dress try ons. She wanted to go to one of the bridal salons in San Francisco (like Niemens or Bloomies) but didn't know they have closed.

Can anyone suggest a boutique type store where she can get that experience of trying on designer dresses and sipping champange with her wedding party? It's really important to her and one of my first duties as her bridemaid. I'd love any suggests that are out there!

Thank!

Re: Looking for wedding dress shop to try on designer dresses and sip champagne

• KeelsmarksKeelsmarks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a couple of pretty high end spots and they weren't providing champagne. They might let you bring it in, but I think she may have watched one too many wedding movies if she thinks that they'll be champagne provided. 

Trudy's in Campbell were really nice and Gabrielle's is lovely. Just make sure what her budget is since Gabrielle's is going to be $4000 and upward for a gown and it would suck to try a bunch of gorgeous gowns that aren't in her budget. Bridal Galleria in SF is a beautiful boutique, but they seemed really stuck up when I was in there. 
    Good luck with the wedding! 

• MakenziLeaMakenziLea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Trudy's in Campbell.  Had amazing customer service, our girl Victoria didn't bring out any dresses that weren't in my budget ($2k)...and I found a dress I fell absolutely in love with. So many choices and price ranges, you can't go wrong.

Best of luck to you!
  •  Have you tried going Gabrielle's? I went there last month and I think they are very friendly. Their gowns are beautiful and yes, they let you sip wine! Think you should go there and check them out.
  • I went to Trudy's.  It was great, albeit a drive from where I was living at the time.  They didn't serve champagne, though.
  • Another vote for Trudys.  I also had Victoria and she didn't bring me anything outside of my budget.   I was just there on Saturday and a whole crew of folks were in one spot sipping champagne. So you can bring your own bottle and they will totally accomodate you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards