Kentucky

ANYONE NEAR PARIS, KY

I was looking at a wedding venue, and I was wondering if anyone knew of the place. Nannine Clay Wallis House & Arboretum located in Paris, Ky. PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS INFO, HELP!
Thanks! Laughing
No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ANYONE NEAR PARIS, KY

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I've heard of it, but I don't know anything else about it. 

Do you have family in the area, or would it be a bit of a DW for you?  Paris isn't on an interstate, so if you're in the Cincy area and most guests are coming from there, it might be a less than ideal location, based on that.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    I live 15 minutes away from Paris. All the family that is coming is also from Bourbon County. I was wondering, if maybe someone has had a wedding there, or has had a friend that has had one there. We want somewhere close. We have a lot of sick and elderly family members.
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha.  Since your location said Cincy, I just wanted to check. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, didn't even notice that. L0L. My bad.
    Thanks for the help. :)
    edited December 2011
    I can't verify this personally, but I found one review online for you.

http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/nannine-clay-wallis-home-arboretum-paris/8af0bcf32fec160c.html
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• edited December 2011
    Thank you so much. This board is kind of slow. I was thinking about posting the question on Kentucky-Louisville board, but I didn't know if anyone would know what I was talking about. LOL. The help is much appreciated!

BTW~ This might be a stupid question, but I was wondering how I change my location to Kentucky?
    edited December 2011
    Go to My Account at the very top, and scroll down to Wedding Location.  Look for "Kentucky - Other" in the drop down.  That should take care of it, I think.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• edited December 2011
    Thank you! :) I guess that it didn't work. haha. I don't know how it even got to Cincinnatti. It's ok.lol.

Congrats on the little one! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Did you have your wedding at the Cane Ridge Meeting House?
    edited December 2011
    If you have Kentucky-Northern selected, that's probably what happened.

My wedding was at Canewood Golf Course, in Georgetown. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• edited December 2011

Beautiful pics! :)

• KirstenlKirstenl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also try Lexington, or Georgetown or surronding counties . Im from Scott Co. so i know what your going through trying to find a good location.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married last summer at the clay wallis house, it was so so gorgeous! the house it self is lovely and the space out back is a great size. She has the reception and ceremony in the gardens behind the house and had a tent. She got ready in the house and it was used for restrooms and for the caters to work out of. She was really pleased with the lady she worked with there (not sure her name) hope this helps! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards