New York-Upstate
Options

Music and Photography help!

Hey guys!

Our wedding isn't until next July, but we're looking for DJ's and photographers. I was wondering if you had any suggestions on either in the area...both good and bad! Thanks so much!

B
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music and Photography help!

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked our photographers from Bailly Photo.  It is a husband and wife team who work very well together.  Some of the pictures are in my bio.

Our music was done by friends so I don't have any recommendations there.
  • Options
    molls332233molls332233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gallery 9 North! They are amazing, we cant wait to work with them on our wedding day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    148 Invited image 120 Happy face! image 28 Sad face... image
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys...we appreciate it! Our budget for photos is around 1500 (DJ budget is around 1000 or lower)...Bailly does beautiful work, but their lowest priced package is 1000 above that. Any suggestions for the aforementioned budget? Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tubbzluvbugtubbzluvbug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Piano Man...I think they are around 1200...GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jimmy C's Music Machine. They do video/photo and DJ. We already had the DJ, so I don't know how much that was. We paid $1,798.00, but that was based on the mid-level pkg that we chose. It is less expensive without the videographer. Thier # is 585-338-3132. Ask for Michelle...she is the best to work with!! Unfortunatly she had already been requested for our day so she won't be there June 12th, but the 2 people she is sending did her own wedding, so I feel confident in thier ability.

Best advice, definitly shop around and meet with many people before deciding on one place. I have heard from past brides that although they loved what they had, they wished they hadn't picked the first place they met with.

GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used Turner Music Productions, our dj was Steve (the owner) and people absolutely RAVED about our dj. 8 months later, I am still hearing about how awesome our dj was. I constantly have people that were at my wedding calling or emailing me asking for his info. The party was non-stop all night, nobody left the dance floor! Highly highly highly recommended!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a DJ we are using Singers to Go with DJ Jason Paussa. He is fabulous! Idf you want a DJ with personality who will get the party kick started and keep it fun but also listen to AND implement your ideas in a way that will work best for you two and your venue, he's it! Check out their facebook page at Singers To Go or go into the bar Singers on Milton Ave in Solvay on a Friday nigth and check out his show. I've said before it is a lot more risque than what would be brought to a wedding but you can get a feeling for his energy and enthusiasm. Also, their prices are great! Good luck.
    Photobucket BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards