Snarky Brides

Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please

Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please

• dear anna, have you answered this 'poll' yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:dfe96ab1-94d7-434c-b61b-63bb714af674">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]dear anna, have you answered this 'poll' yet?
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Just got back from getting me haircut.  I started compliling my list but it's going to have to wait a bit because I've got dinner to get garnished and plated.

I'll get it done.  i just want to do it right and not just throw up answers to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy.  I assure you, I am thinking on it.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:2864eec1-4f07-496b-a1ad-cfdf63d942e1">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I'm not scared to call you a raging bitch.  :)   It's the fact that you have a raging bitch ability you can tap into that would make me definitely want you in my corner in case this place ever goes to hell in a handbasket.   You speak your mind.  I totally respect that.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about you, duhhhh.  I want you in my corner because I bet you'd do an awesome "good cop, bad cop" with me, PLUS I imagine if we're going to hell in a handbasket that there will be tornados involved. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:ccb4ce8c-4f9c-4ae0-8990-8e382fc941c1">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Nope.  Just got back from getting me haircut.  I started compliling my list but it's going to have to wait a bit because<strong> I've got dinner to get garnished and plated.</strong> I'll get it done.  i just want to do it right and not just throw up answers to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy.  I assure you, I am thinking on it.  :)
    Can I come to your house for dinner? Cause this sounds awesome. Way more classy than my dinners.
  • that girls Sweets in that thread is hot!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:f6ce3e98-6dab-4000-a055-56c19b5a9c9e">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I wasn't talking about you, duhhhh.  I want you in my corner because I bet you'd do an awesome "good cop, bad cop" with me, PLUS I imagine if we're going to hell in a handbasket that there will be tornados involved. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

i know you weren't.   I'm just protecting you from getting an ego.  Gotta keep you down to earth.

You're right.  hell in a handbasket would have to have tornadoes... and ball lightning.. and my favorite.  THUNDERSNOW!  i love some thundersnow!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:bbf3f244-5588-46d1-91a5-b87e6f23c7c7">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Can I come to your house for dinner? Cause this sounds awesome. Way more classy than my dinners.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Nothing fancy, Just  a bit of dressed microgreens for  under the pot roast slices and potatoes.
  • Screw you guys. I'm goin home.
  • slub i missed it, Are you a lawyer toooo?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:d1175acd-21fe-49a0-a9cc-fb42998f1b03">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screw you guys. I'm goin home.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    WHY???

Also, who hasn't answered yet?  I want everyone to answer the poll and be honest.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:6f2947e5-f8af-4c52-bc70-ea38954a0000">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : WHY??? Also, who hasn't answered yet?  I want everyone to answer the poll and be honest.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

There's a few but some of them haven't been around yet.

Blue, AATB, Betrothed (I think, unless I missed it), Roxy, MIAF.

Oh and Mica and Kat Eyes. I'd like to see both of their answers. I bet they'd be so different.
  • I'd like awesome meat to answer. Oh wait. No, I wouldn't.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9d9f76fc-f4c6-4a7b-9ecc-7ae553121c91">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : There's a few but some of them haven't been around yet. Blue, AATB, Betrothed (I think, unless I missed it), Roxy, MIAF. Oh and Mica and Kat Eyes. I'd like to see both of their answers. I bet they'd be so different.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I don't think we will ever see her again.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:b1b8ae72-2355-44c5-9378-b3165d82f573">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd like awesome meat to answer. Oh wait. No, I wouldn't.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yes and Bon Bon and USERNAME!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:6f2947e5-f8af-4c52-bc70-ea38954a0000">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : WHY??? Also, who hasn't answered yet?  I want everyone to answer the poll and be honest.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

It's the only South Park quote I know, and I so rarely get to use it! :P
  • Oh, okay :P I get defensive in your honor.

Also, Nebb hasn't posted yet.  I am really interested in hearing from her, because I feel  I understand her the least.  And B, too.  The about-to-get-marrieds have a free pass in my book. 
  • I like the honesty.  I mean niceness and love are, well lovely, but so is honesty.  I really value being upfront and truthful about how I feel about situations and people. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:3c6edcbc-ce80-4bab-90ce-fdb3426a87e6">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Law School sounds hard.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

<div>It is a lot of reading and memorizing and dealing with mind numbingly dull crud like the aforementioned civ pro. It has it's bright spots, and there are a lot of things I think are tougher but yes be prepared to have your time completely sucked up by school. I still remember the hundred of pages of assigned reading we did during Christmas breaks. Yukkers.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:b1698ea2-257b-4f55-ba85-c7a055959974">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do general corporate work, but it was specifically securities law that I was doing that I hated.  It was basically bond deal after bond deal with an equity offering thrown in.  I just hated the work, and I don't really like working with investment bankers.  I'm back doing more contract work, M&A, finance now so at least it's not securities.
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

<div>Working Securities would make me want to go work at the Walmart. Glad you are moving on.</div>
  • Haha Cew that was awesome.

Do you know I still have this picture in my pictures folder and I scroll past it every time I go to find something else?

It's from the first time I really posted on SB, and you and Beatles and I bantered back and forth, and it was hilarious.

Also, to dmiller, I'm a leftist/anarchist, not a liberal. :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:fe7e0c37-fe3e-4fbe-8cc3-d878b65a7df7">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Working Securities would make me want to go work at the Walmart. Glad you are moving on.
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

Eye to eye.

We would sometimes joke about how we'd fantasize about being hit by a cab on the way to work so we wouldn't have to go in.  Lawyers are sick people sometimes.
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    AllAboutTheBenjamins- Is like an old friend.  I don't need to actually interact with her on a daily basis, but I still think of her and am happy to catch her online.  She totally needs to hop on I-29 and head south.

Anna.Oskar- No need to talk about that AW.  God!  When will she get over the whole Christmas thing and enter the real world where faeries and magic don't exist?  (yuck)

AnySunrise- She is such a cutie.  I love that she's young and can still look at the world in such an unjaded way while still speaking with a voice of experience that proves the "all beebees are idiots" theory way wrong.

Beatles- She is the sort of person that not only comes off as caring, but is genuine about it.  She could never be accused of being wishy-washy.

BecW2Be- She has been amazing, a voice of rational thinking, and a cheerleader when I've felt down.  I think the world is a better place because she exists in it.

Betrothed123- I've been a fan of B for a long while.  She's always ready to say exactly what I might not have the guts to say.  Total respect for her.

Blueeyed- I feel like blue is a bit of a tough chick but with a heart of gold and a big softie underneath.

Cew515- I totally want her to be my sister.  I feel like we'd be the sort to band together against any other siblings, in an effort to save the world from their lameness.  We could vacation in the mountains and roast marshmallows every nigh while telling funny stories around the campfire and planning what our super-cool garage band would do next.

CupcakesFrosting- I lurve her  :)  We've gotten to know each other recently and i feel like she is a really stellar individual.

J&K-  I see the good parts of me in her.  The strength of heart and character that she exhibits daily is fabulous and if I could be that by 50% of what she has, i'd be a fabulous example of a human being.  I also totally respect her opinion and insight.

JenGin74- I think we need to hang out.  She is always ready with a smile and a kind word and i wish the best for her now and for always.

Kat Eye/Mica - (For those with a sensitive constitution, please do not read the rest of this)  I think it's really shitty what you did.  I put myself out there for an open and honest virtual relationship and receive not only pseudo niceness back, but you played the fuckin whore card that made me feel like a fool for ever defending you or befriending you.  Eat shite you piece of garbage.  Liars, like felons, have thrown away their chance for trust and basic human courtesy. Don't cross me again.  You like mind games don't you?  Well i'm a friggin master.  bitch.

KatieWhompus- She is such a sweet, beautiful, and compassionate woman.  I keep my fingers crossed that we can ride the baby-train together soon.  She's going to be one hell of a mom as soon as the time is right.

KD - I loved her as soon as I met her. She doesn't just talk.  She speaks from her heart.

LedZepplin- I love her take on things.  She often spots the funny side of life and is a quick spirit-lifter.  She's wonderful!

LesPaul-  She's like the big sister I never had.  Always calm and kind and willing to offer a hand.

LessThanZero- I overlooked her way too long.  I am constantly surprised by how cool she is.

Maratea- i think mara needs a hug. I need to get to know her better.

MeaghanandMichael- She is a shining light.bb:)

Missy68- I love her bluntness, but on the other side, i love the sincerity she always brings.

Mocha - I "heart" her hardcore and from way back

NatesGirl- She's fabulous and sweet!

Nebb- I worry about her.  I'm probably imagining things, but i feel like she's needed a hug lately.  I think she's such an intelligent woman who is able to look at life from many different viewpoints in an educated manner. whether discussing current events or 2012 she's always capable of bringing the convo.

NightSprite - What a sweetheart!  She is an genuinely wonderful and caring woman.

OhWhyNot- A genuinely beautiful person.  Inside and out.  i want to be like her.

Raynes- She's a keeper.  I like her lots even though we haven't talked for long.

Rosie- I feel like she'd be the perfect person to go on a double date with.  I love her point of view on various subjects and think we'd have great convos if we ever got together.

Sarah0725- I am really enjoying her lately.  I fear that i overlooked her in the past and was only drawn in when I "overheard" a convo involving architecture, Europe, and churches/cathedrals.  Her smarts and passion are wonderful!

SarahPLiz- We totally need to be BFFs.

Seshat- I don't feel like we talk enough and I'd like to change that.  I think she is talented and caring.

StaceyTaylor- Can i keep her too?  I want to invite her over and feed her sweets. I don't know why..  I AM in the market for a new little sister though.

StarMusica- She has a beauty that is only dwarfed by her intelligence,

Steph087- She's so cute and as Cew(i think) said..sassy.  Sassy sums her up perfectly.  She even inspires me to be sassy  ;)

Tide- I see her kinda like a mama owl. Wise, nurturing and calm but will peck your darn eyes out if you cross her.

Y I Oughtta- Not on my "make her run away crying" list, but still new so only time will tell.

Zippity- (eats babies) - Always good at coming up with the wonderful lines that make me think "THAT'S what I should have said."  Sharp, funny, and on the money.  i wish I knew her better.
  • Anna <3 I kind of love you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:28021dc6-746f-4ea4-92ed-9731f5469135">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE] Y I Oughtta- Not on my "make her run away crying" list, but still new so only time will tell. Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm glad I'm not on that list.

Is it a long list? Are you the reason people post GBCK posts and run away crying?
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Anna, I DEFINITELY love you. :))
  • anna... I so love you. :) 

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Anna I'm retracting my love cause I'm not on your list.....=P

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:c0ba17de-fc2b-4196-aeb1-d289e4753db5">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna I'm retracting my love cause I'm not on your list.....=P
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

We got the FB love.  No need to flaunt it here  ;) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:58cb9c7f-0132-496f-80ee-e3d50d538508">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Well, I'm glad I'm not on that list. Is it a long list? Are you the reason people post GBCK posts and run away crying?
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

It's not a short list  :)  And I'm sure I cannot be blamed for too many GBCks.  Maybe  ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9af225d8-ecf2-4b30-9637-00c91738d9ad">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : We got the FB love.  No need to flaunt it here  ;) 

This is very true.....you can have my love everywhere.  Especially if you share brickle.  I'm a believer.

P.S. right now I'm drinking peppermint hot cocoa with Christmas ornament marshmallows
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards