Nevada-Las Vegas

Does the anxiety go away or get worse closer to the wedding date?

I have 3 months to go and I am getting anxiety about the wedding going smoothly.  I am not worried about marrying the wrong person.  I am worried that my luggage will get lost in my transfer, forgetting shoes, jewelry etc.  Do other people have these same fears?

Re: Does the anxiety go away or get worse closer to the wedding date?

• edited December 2011
    Yes!  I'm not worried about actually getting married, but more about forgetting something or not being able to relax when the day gets here, etc.

And big LOL @ your sig. Too cute :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's normal.  I had lists for everything and spreadsheets to help me feel a little more settled.  I suggest doing as much as you can before 30 days out, so that you have less last-minute planning.  For instance I think as soon as you are 60 days out from your wedding date you can go online and complete your wedding license application, then all you have to do is walk in and pay.

Also, if you can try to get a full day in vegas before your guests arrive and or your wedding.  It was so peaceful to just have a day without expectations and a massage. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Yep...Normal.... Just take a deep breath and do like honeybee suggested and have everything ready to go so you know that you have it all. Because we could drive I had a plastic tote box that I put all wedding essentials in and made myself a check list.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as packing, I would definitely start making lists.  I started a packing list on my Blackberry about six months before the wedding, and every time I thought of something that we'd need to bring, no matter how minor, I added it to the list immediately.  Then we triple-checked the list before walking out the door (and good thing, too, we nearly forgot our swimsuits). 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU eveyone I am a planner.  I am going to start making a master list.  I so wouldn't of been able to do this wedding without the Las Vegas Knot!  From the reviews to great advice!
  • edited December 2011
    I have barely over two months to go, and I am a panicky mess.  I learn everyday about something that I SHOULD have done, or selected but I don't.  I think that by the time we get there I will be 100% fine though!
  • edited December 2011
    I kept everything wedding related in one place (spare closet) so our cake topper, shoes, wedding dress, guestbook etc was in one space when I went to pack it up.

I also arrived 24hrs before guests in Vegas and got the world's best massage at The Bathhouse. I recommend both :)
  • pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having anxiety yet, I'm expecting it soon, tho.. frick!
  • edited December 2011
    I am already anxious and having wedding nightmares and my wedding is 13 months away!!!!  I have no idea how I will be mere weeks before the wedding!  Hang in there, girl!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If I had that Kitty I wouldn't worry ;-))))
    Good Luck to you
  • edited December 2011
    Also, we'll be arriving in vegas 2 days before the wedding. This way I'll have time to deal with stuff and still have plenty to relax.
    You sound like someone who stays on top of things easily so create a schedule of tasks to complete every week 'till the last. Pull out the "big day" luggage and start packing it even if it seems too early.
    Personally I'm also planning on posting here on the board and ask other lovely knotties to share their "forget me nots".
  • edited December 2011
    I did have the same fears. I was an emotional wreck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when is your wedding date, formerlymeow?  Must be pretty close to mine!  And I LOVE your pic!  So cute! :)
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I forgot to mention my anxiety is HORRIBLE (also not about marrying the wrong person...just EVERYTHING and ANYTHING else)!!!  AAAAHHHH!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards