Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm bored, let's chat

Re: I'm bored, let's chat

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:18b43dc5-b31e-4417-9cc1-dd444fc00d73">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]For a nanny job, you can't legally file a 1099. A nanny is a household employee,  not an independent contracter. They have to be given a W2 or whatever and the family has to pay part of the taxes.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Huh, I did not know that. Interesting.

</div>
  • Mica - sorry about your voice.  At least you don't need it to Knot all afternoon :).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:6818d07d-c138-4fb1-adcd-8f7533bb5ef3">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why a cat vs a dog, Muni?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Because cats are lazy asssholes.  And being a lazy asssshole is my dream job.
  • ahh, you can't file it as MISC income? I get a 1099 throught the ballet school I teach at...my tax adviser thinks that's boarderline independent contractor work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't want to go to work.  I have to be there at 4 which means I have about 20-25 mins of lounging left. I can't decide if I hope its slow so I don't have to deal with stupid customers or busy so time will go faster. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Today is quite the boring day for me too. No work to do, and I've been playing Dice With Buddies all day. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:5b748f00-2952-4c73-abea-6f8645be22c8">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm bored, let's chat : Because cats are lazy asssholes.  And being a lazy asssshole is my dream job.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I would switch lives with my kitties any day.
  • Hope your throat/vocal cords heal up soon, Mica.  That is frustrating not being able to talk at all. 

I am seriously thinking about updating my resume and looking for a new job.  I really should not complain though, I just got a raise, and the company paid for my schooling, which merited the raise. 

Anniversary
  • employees at my company were just informed that we'd all be getting a standard 1% raise this year and health insurance costs would be going up 5%....which promped my search for something new
  • Very frustrating not to be able to talk! I strain my voice way too easily. Last summer it was nearly every weekend, volleyball was a guaranteed voice loss.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:68ea3198-643c-4c70-a32c-8bf4793e3599">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope your throat/vocal cords heal up soon, Mica.  That is frustrating not being able to talk at all.  I am seriously thinking about updating my resume and looking for a new job.  I really should not complain though, I just got a raise, and the company paid for my schooling, which merited the raise. 
    Posted by AbbeyS2011[/QUOTE]

<div>What makes you want to leave?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Is that a bad question?</div>
  • I am looking forward to going home. FI is going for a haircut, so he will be home late tonight.  I plan on finishing the leftover pulled pork and watching mindless television. 

I need to clean my entire apartment this weekend. It isnt "dirty" or "messy" (we keep it neat and usually do cleanups every other week) but my boss will be watching the cats next week when we are gone and I am always worried she will think our place is a mess.  She watched the cats when we were on what became our "engagement trip" and I came home to find new air fresheners in the house and that she had done some cleaning while we were gone.  I'm sure she isnt judging, but I'm paranoid.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Apparently there was also some dude that was tripping and ripped out another guys heart and cut out his tongue.  I'll have to google that one to confirm though.

ETA: link
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • CNN has a security video of the Zombie attack in Miami.  I can't watch it but the story says that it's grainy and you can't make out gory details.  Blech...Its probably not as bad as what I'm imagining but I don't want to see it.

• Those bath salts are bad news bears.  We caught a show on NatGeo about them, and it is scary what they do to you.  This kid was high on bath salts, walked into his parents' kitchen and took a knife to his own throat.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AbbeyS - do you "owe" them a certain amount of time due to them paying for your schooling.  Most policies I've seen require either 1 or 2 years after completion or you have to pay it back.
  • Okay, clearly I'm sheltered and dumb.

But I'll let this rip.

Are they LITERALLY doing something with bath salts, like the shhit I pour in my bathwater to make it nice? 

Or is this the street name for like LSD or something?
  • Woohoo! Zombie apocalypse! Sorry. Anyway, I'm trying to get off my a$$ and go to the store. H requested paella for dinner tonight, but we don't have the stuff. I'm feeling completely lazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:404f9c16-d96a-439d-82dd-55eb9320c818">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently there was also some dude that was tripping and ripped out another guys heart and cut out his tongue.  I'll have to google that one to confirm though. ETA: link
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Dear Lord that is horrifying! </div>
  • I took it to mean regular bath salts... I don't think they'd use street lingo in news articles, but I could be wrong.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg Adamar, that is repulsive. 
  • Regular bath salts.  I think it's a certain brand, though?  I'm not sure.  I have no interest in huffing bath salts so I haven't investigated further.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • A good story to keep kids off drugs, eh?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:7d076aa9-5f3d-4275-8a45-42ecda97ee00">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I took it to mean regular bath salts... I don't think they'd use street lingo in news articles, but I could be wrong.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

The stuff is marketed under the name bath salts. I think they can also be used in the tub. CNNi said "drug known as bath salts" when they did the story.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They are labeled as "bath salts" and are clearly marked as not being for human consumption.  But I dont think they actually are like the bath salts you'd pick up at Bath & Body Works. It has the consistency of powdered sugar and is a synthetic drug made from a whole bunch of nasty chemicals.  IIRC, some guy in New Zealand was the first dude to make them (and he developed them to be less damaging than Ecstacy in the clubs) but then others took his "recipe," tweaked it, and made it super dangerous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-bored-lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b82807c9-ff2d-4c30-83c5-795af1196f25Post:5d3858f6-fbac-4c46-804a-23b21d9fc361">Re: I'm bored, let's chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm bored, let's chat : The stuff is marketed under the name bath salts. I think they can also be used in the tub. CNNi said "drug known as bath salts" when they did the story.
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

Interesting. My drug knowledge is somewhat limited, except for opiates... I know a lot about that shiiit because it's basically an epidemic around here.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's the Web MD on it 

I think actually being used in the bath is the intended use but people are snorting or taking it other ways (like Spice is supposed to be burned like incense but people are smoking it). 
  • Congratulations Rach!

I have less than 10 minutes before I get to leave work. I am not clicking on that link. The description is good enough for me!
  • Huh.  Well, I learned something new today.  See, I'm old and don't know what the kids are doing these days.

I think I'm glad that it isn't something from the CVS...
  • I also recall someone losing a limb from injecting bath salts.  So gross.  I cant understand why anyone would willingly take something that will eff them up that badly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards