Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

best dress shops?

Hey ladies! It's been a while... (got married 7/09). My sister is getting married next summer and we're coming to the burgh this weekend to dress shop. She asked if I knew which places had a great selection but the problem is, I found my dress here in VA so I didn't do much shopping at home. MB Bride was the only large place I went. Does anyone have any other suggestions of great places with lots of selection that you think we should go?

Re: best dress shops?

• JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up getting my dress at Sorelle Bridal in Washington, PA. Had great customer service!!
  • edited December 2011
    I know they haven't had a ton of good reviews but I got mine at Bridal Beginning in Mt. Lebanon and had a wonderful experience with them.  They seem to have a nice selection.  I've also heard that Babette's in Bridgeville has a large selection.  Depending on your location, you may also want to check out Carrie Ann's Bridal Boutique in Canonsburg - small shop but the best customer service!  We've dealt with them several times recently for the MOB dress, my sister's prom gown and her date's tux.  Wonderful every time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Carly Ann-I actually found my dress at Bridal Beginnings but HATED the sales people there! They were so rude and unwilling to work with me. I got the same dress at Sorelle for $100 less AND they made all the changes I wanted. Plus they re-did my veil when I didnt like the first one.

I'm glad you had a good experience with them,and I did like their dresses,just wasn't impressed with customer service!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard that from many and was a little reluctant to go there - maybe it was just my lucky day!  haha   I actually know the husband of the Sorelle owner and have met her once...very nice so I'm sure you had a wonderful experience there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Btw (I know this is off topic), Jamie, how is your brother doing?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • heather824heather824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Exquisite Bride in Murraysville and had a great experience!  They also seemed to have a large selection.  However, I went on a weekday and had the store to myself so I can't speak to what it would be like there on a weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at both Exquisite Bride locations

edited December 2011
    Carly-no new updates on the brother yet. Cycle 1 of chemo down, he goes back in the hosp Monday to start Cycle 2. Thanks for asking!
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Bridal Beginning also and had a wonderful experience with Leslie.  I can tell that some of the consultants may not have been as helpful, but Leslie was wonderful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Anne Gregory for the Bride in Mt. Lebanon and had a wonderful experience!!! GL!
  • Anne326Anne326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress from the Bridal Beginning. I worked with Dorothy and she was great. I just got back from my first dress fitting and was working with Debbie. She too was great.

When my sister was getting married in '98 we went to the Bridal Beginning and had a terrible experience, so I was reluctant to go back but so far they have been great.

Hope this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards