Illinois

Help! Wedding Ceremony/Reception Sites in/near DuPage County

I'm looking for ceremony/reception sites that are in or near DuPage County. I would really like to have both at the same place to make things easier. I have a very small budget and I am hoping to have the ceremony outside with the reception inside. I'm having the hardest time trying to find something that will work for us. Any thoughts would help me sooooo much.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help! Wedding Ceremony/Reception Sites in/near DuPage County

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Narnia estate? We have shot there and loved it!
  • vmoran32vmoran32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Bridges of Poplar Creek (formerly Poplar Creek Country Club) in Hoffman Estates. They have beautiful new cermony site outside. It is park district owned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    STAY AWAY from Naper Settlement. They surprised me with major construction completely ruining my day! FYI:will be all summer long there. Completely unprofessional seeing as I booked more than a year ago and they have known for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS!!!

GRRR....

I'm scrabmling to find another site for my July wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the input.... the narnia estate is gorgeous but it's also WAYYYYY above our price range. i've been looking into more local/park district owned places. they seem to be a lot cheaper but still really nice and have what we're looking for.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsJorge12MrsJorge12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem too... finding an inexpensive place around DuPage County.....its hard out here!!!
  • edited December 2011
    right? like i know that dupage isn't really a poor county or whatever but there's plenty of people out here that just don't have the money they are asking for at a lot of places. seriously, 20k for ONE DAY. no thank you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_wedding-ceremonyreception-sites-innear-dupage-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:617Discussion:f8bdd23e-4957-43ec-af96-b9d729057203Post:51c22805-4538-4677-a54f-0f1017c994b7">Re: Help! Wedding Ceremony/Reception Sites in/near DuPage County</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried the Narnia estate? <strong>We have shot there and loved it!
    </strong>Posted by LightSourcePhotography[/QUOTE]

The bolded part is where you stop being a bride and start being a vendor - please obey The Knot TOS or I will have to ban you.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your budget is but here are a few places you could check out:
    Seven Bridges
    William Tell Banquets
    Carriage Greens
  • gottadance64gottadance64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, also trying to find places in DuPage County - or eastern Kane - and they're not cheap (but what wedding places are as I'm finding out!) LOL  I think it's going to mean BF and I are going to have to save more money or cut guests.

I've been trying to think about the amenities I really want, that are important to me - and the things that make no difference (where I can cut).  I'm sure most other brides to be feel this way - in some ways you want it to be so unique and special, but then other times you think it's just way too much money for one day. I'm practical and when I think of something I could spent $10K-$15K on - like new flooring for my kitchen, it makes me feel like having a BBQ in my backyard! LOL

Good luck and let us know what you decide. :)
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • pinkdmbpinkdmb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doing mine at Montefiori, (they are pricy but have several package options) but looked at and really liked Meson Sebika (our first official date), Danada House, and Mansion that is part of the Lombard Park District can't remember name.  
  • Pamela2294Pamela2294 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Try Itasca's Park district they have a lovely park right on Irving park in downtown Itasca with lovely pond and swans that live there and gazebo ideal for photo opts

also we had our reception at Villaggio's in Roselle on lake street they have great food and great price packages for smaller weddings 100 ppl or smaller I would suggest they start at 19.99 per person with 250.00 deposit ipen bar extra and will cater to all your needs.

• amo2005amo2005 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    i've been to many weddings at Bristol Court Banquets in Mount Prospect...the food is amazing & the room is gorgeous. i just helped my best friend plan her wedding there & there are NO sales people, you get to talk directly to the owners... they are SOOO nice! and they really work with you on price, they're all about relationships, not $ like a lot of places nowadays.
    they don't have an outdoor space, but they do beautiful ceremonies inside & you can go right into the reception afterward, super easy.
    i've never seen or heard a bad review about them... you should definitely check them out. (bristolcourt.com) 
  • i've been to many weddings at Bristol Court Banquets in Mount Prospect...the food is amazing & the room is gorgeous. i just helped my best friend plan her wedding there & there are NO sales people, you get to talk directly to the owners... they are SOOO nice! and they really work with you on price, they're all about relationships, not $ like a lot of places nowadays.
    they don't have an outdoor space, but they do beautiful ceremonies inside & you can go right into the reception afterward, super easy.
    i've never seen or heard a bad review about them... you should definitely check them out. (bristolcourt.com) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards