Michigan-Northern

Looking for venue for weekend ceremony/reception - Very casual, details inside!

I'm looking for a very casual and inexpensive place to do a weekend wedding in northern michigan. We'd love to keep our budget under 10k but we have up to 20k to spend. We are planning between 75-100 guests and would like a very casual setup to do a friday night welcome BBQ/bonfire, a saturday afternoon ceremony/semiformal reception and possibly a sunday morning brunch. 

-We want something very private, so large hotels that do ten weddings a day are out. 
-Must have onsite accommodations for as many guests as possible but at a minimum the wedding party/parents (25 people). Cabins/Houses would be perfect.
- Must be close to a city with hotels/motels. etc for the rest of the guests (r have room for all 100 guests on site)
- Outside catering must be allowed.

- I would prefer for it to be <30min away from attractions. Guests will be traveling long distances for this wedding so having something to keep them entertained is a plus.
- Obviously beautiful scenery is a necessity but I doubt we'll have a problem finding that in Northern Michigan.

ANY ideas/suggestions welcome.. this is what I'm looking for today but that can always change! 

Re: Looking for venue for weekend ceremony/reception - Very casual, details inside!

• southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Headlands near Mackinaw City: http://www.emmetcounty.org/headlands-named-top-wedding-venue-451/

Check out http://www.mackinacparks.com/weddings/ to see if anything there meets your needs. Their event coordinator, Scott Witsman is amazing! We are getting married at Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse in 2012.

Also, what about Mackinac Island? Mission Point is LOVELY: http://www.missionpoint.com/weddings/ I was just at a bridal show there a couple weekends ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Homestead in Glen Arbor is amazing but I don't know that they allow outside catering!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • beccax13beccax13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The headlands look really great, thanks for the tip. My only concern is the way the rooms are divided. There's room for 40 people on site but that only split into 4 bedrooms. We really need something like 10-12 private bedrooms for our wedding party and parents. It's still definitely up for consideration.

The state parks are beautiful (esp the lighthouse!) does anybody know if they offer accomidations of any sort. We are looking for a weekend destination wedding!!

I will look into Mission Point, when I first saw their website it seemed to 'big resort' for my tastes, but who knows.

Has anyone heard of lighthouse point in St. Ignace? I found there website but couldn't find any reviews. Looked promising.

• edited December 2011
    Spider Lake Retreat near Traverse City would be perfect for you except that the capacity is limited to 64.  If your guest list shrinks it looks like an awesome place. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards