African American Weddings

Colors, Colors, Colors!

I have so many ideas for colors but I'm having a hard time narrowing them down. Can anyone tell me how they came up with their colors?? Oh yeah, I plan on marrying on the beach....any suggestions?

Re: Colors, Colors, Colors!

• edited December 2011
    I swear by The Perfect Palette for color inspiration.

www.theperfectpalette.blogspot.com

What is your favorite color?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I took two of my favorite colors - navy blue and orange.  I wanted something vibrant and fun.  So, that's how I chose my colors.

What colors are you thinking about using?
  • edited December 2011
    I agree they have amazing color combos.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Well i love light brushed gold, but I want something vibrant to go with it. I was thinking about sticking to the gold and letting the rest of the colors I love come through the flowers like red, deep purple, deep blue, olive green, etc...See, that's why I can't narrow it down because I love those colors too!!
  • edited December 2011
    You like jewel tones...hmmm. I'm going to do some research. BRB...
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    You want gold dresses for sure though right? I've seen a few boards, but ironically all of them use gold as an accent. Also, when you said olive, did you mean this shade of green...

What's your wedding day vision? Short dresses, long dresses, formal, semi-casual, etc.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011

Yep that's one of the colors I really like. I haven't seen many wedding color schemes with gold as the main color but I do like the idea...I also really like that color green. I'm gonna go and check out that website now. Thanks for the ideas!!

• tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose my colors by just browsing on different sites.  I actually got my color inspiration by visiting the Ann Taylor website in the wedding section.  They feature real weddings and there was a couple with my colors which are navy blue, fuchsia, and pewter.  I liked those colors because I thought they were fun and modern. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think a jewel tone color palette will make for a beautiful wedding. Google is my friend when looking for wedding inspiration. Sometimes I just throw colors together followed by wedding inspiration when I do an image search and I've found some interesting things that way. Good luck with finding the right colors!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think you can have one maim color and then use all the other beautiful colors within your flower combination. That would be beautiful! I picked my colors based off my favorite color purple, and just added in pink, orange and green. I am having my reception off the beach.
  • edited December 2011
    I chose my colors from the cover of a book I was reading
    http://mrchicbride.blogspot.com/2009/06/color-me-pretty.html
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice!
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At first we were going with ivory or cream and blue. When I picked out my gown, its colors were ivory and champagne. The blue clashed with the dress, so my MOH and I decided that latte and ivory would be good. My MOH is wearing a latte dress and my BM is wearing a champagne dress. Both dresses are the same style. I still might use another color to bring out the other colors more. Since you are doing a beach wedding, I would look into brighter colors. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards