Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid ordered wrong dress.

I have a weird bridal party of 3 MOH and 2 bridesmaids because I have a ton of sisters. I turned them all loose on a store with just a color requirement to fill. Three of them ended up liking the same dress, and they all kept in touch with eachother. They ended up suggesting they all get the same dress because three out of five being the same would look weird. I didn't really care, until one bridesmaids said she didn't think she looked good in that dress. I got the rest of the party to tell her politely to get it so they would match.

I found out today that she's the only one with a different dress now, and as a result it looks like I have her as my maid of honor. She also asked me if I could have the limo swing by her house before the ceremony to pick her up, even though we're getting ready at a hotel ten minutes away from her house. 

She already ordered the dress, is there anyway I can fix this or do I just have to deal with this setup?

Thanks

Re: Bridesmaid ordered wrong dress.

• Options
    Yeah, I feel bad because I didn't care at first. I figured they were all different enough in body size and height that they'd all pick something different. They kind of got together without me and decided to all get that dress. I guess I'm stuck with it now.
  • Options
    I also think, when I am at a wedding, that the person standing closest to you is the MOH, so if she is not standing there, as it sounds like she won't be, I would not view her as the MOH.  I agree with Sunshine, be irritated for 5 minutes and move on.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-ordered-wrong-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:032b7609-504e-48cb-9234-f031fa5840faPost:c054a8c0-79a1-40c3-a982-f65892580776">Bridesmaid ordered wrong dress.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a weird bridal party of 3 MOH and 2 bridesmaids because I have a ton of sisters. I turned them all loose on a store with just a color requirement to fill. Three of them ended up liking the same dress, and they all kept in touch with eachother. They ended up suggesting they all get the same dress because three out of five being the same would look weird. I didn't really care, until one bridesmaids said she didn't think she looked good in that dress. I got the rest of the party to tell her politely to get it so they would match. <strong>I found out today that she's the only one with a different dress now, and as a result it looks like I have her as my maid of honor.</strong> She also asked me if I could have the limo swing by her house before the ceremony to pick her up, even though we're getting ready at a hotel ten minutes away from her house.  She already ordered the dress, is there anyway I can fix this or do I just have to deal with this setup? Thanks
    Posted by yuyukachoo[/QUOTE]

Why?  Just b/c she is the only one with a different dress?  That makes no sense.

PP's covered everything else.

• Options
    I would not have the limo make a special trip to pick her up.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Your friend did nothing wrong. She chose her dress based on the criteria you gave her. It's not her fault if the others decided to match each other. Let it go. Everyone knows the MOH is the one who stands next to the bride during the ceremony - not that it will matter to most of your guests.  If you want your MOH stand out from the others, change up her bouquet, or  add a brooch or sash in a complementary color to her dress.

Tell your friend that the limo can't pick each bm up at her home. The limo will pick up everyone at your house (or wherever) or everyone should meet at the ceremony site, whichever you prefer. That will give her enough time to make arrangements.

edited for grammar

• Options
    saric83saric83 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-ordered-wrong-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:032b7609-504e-48cb-9234-f031fa5840faPost:e3369cb4-7c8e-4590-9b6d-53f37b537b4c">Re: Bridesmaid ordered wrong dress.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your friend did nothing wrong. She chose her dress based on the criteria you gave her. [/QUOTE]

This!  Considering you're having three MOH's, I wouldn't really be worried about people getting confused about who is who.  It'll all look just fine!
  • Options
    Since you allowed them to pick their own dresses, you can't really complain about the dresses not matching.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards