Florida-South Florida

jcrosenberg

Hey hun I read you go to Crossfit. Do you like it? Is it hard? I heard it's really hard & it scared me. Though I have been considering it. I heard you get a real good turn out.
I know they have a free saturday class, but I never can make it because FI & my son would shoot me.

Isha

Re: jcrosenberg

• Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I just heard about it recently too....they have one in Delray Beach.....my co-worker just joined....

was going to consider it...but its very expensive....at the Delray location (that's all I know) its $1600 for the year  or $350 for 3 months  or $150 a month.  Might look into it for August, September, October...my 24fitness membership ends on my birthday in July. 

• edited December 2011
    ohhh... Well I am totally considering it. Delray is not to far from me since I am in Hollywood. We can go together.
  • Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    they might have one closer to you! 
  • edited December 2011
    hey ladies! I LOVE CROSSFIT!! hehe it's super hard and actually right now I am not looking forward to going cuz I'm soooo tired (didn't sleep much) and my shoulders, triceps, hamstrings, and quads are killing me. I've been going for 3 full weeks and I can already see improvements in my strenght. I can do things that I never thought I could do and they are constantly challenging you.

It's a great group of people that always encourage you and help guide you along the way. I pay $150 a month plus the first classes to learn the techniques are also $150, so the first month you pay $300. I think it's soooo worth it cuz I was paying 30 a month for LA fitness plus 92 a month for my trainer which I only met with ONCE a week for 30 minutes!!! You can go to unlimited classes to crossfit and I am going 5 times a week. The classes are small- 10 ppl max so it's like having a personal trainer anyway. I definitely recommend it!

There is a crossfit in ft lauderdale, north miami beach, downtown miami (where i go), and plantation. they each are owned individually so pricing will vary. let me know if u want more info!!

xoxo

• edited December 2011
    Awesome... SO how does it work exactly??? It's like having a trainer there telling you what to do. I need someone to kick my butt. Because when I go to the gym alone, I do jack. Though when I go w/ FI he puts my butt in check.
  • edited December 2011
    everyday they post on the WOD (workout of the day) on their website.... www.crossfit305.com . When you get there the class does warmups of some kind...in teams, alone, relays, etc. every day is different. Then they go over the workout and make sure everyone understands what we are doing and the techniques. then the WOD begins. Most of the time they are timed so you're trying to finish it as fast as you can. the trainer is there to make sure you're doing things right, to encourage you, and push you/challenge you. check out their website and u can find out more info.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards