Missouri-St Louis

New in the Area-Looking for Reception sites

I am looking for a reception site in the St. Louis downtown area. We've looked at WoW already, but would like some other options.
Guest list right now is between 160-200.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Re: New in the Area-Looking for Reception sites

• Orpheum Theater, Thaxton Speakeasy, did you look at Windows ON Washington or Windows OFF Washington?  They're different if you didn't see both.

There are also tons of hotel ballrooms if you're going the more traditional route- there's a gorgeous ballroom at the hotel (Marriott maybe?) connected to Union Station with tons of beautiful windows.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • The Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel's Crystal Ballroom I believe holds that many and is very pretty. I used their Statler Lobby downstairs, but that's for 120 or less.
    One of the chefs had just come back from India so our vegitarian dish was Indian and that went over great.

The Missouri Athletic Club has a nice sized ballroom if I recall. The downstairs and hotel rooms have more of an old fashiony feel to them. The ballroom itself is elegant but there are also lots of places that the menfolk would probably like congregating.

And yeah, the Union Station area is beautiful.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. We dedided to stick with Windows for the ceremony and reception.
  • I am getting married at the Jewel Box on a Sunday in June.  The wedding will have around 30 people and we would like to have a dinner at a restaurant afterwards.  Many restaurants that I have checked into on the hill are closed on Sundays.  We have looked into Maggianno's and Vida Cantina.  Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants with excellent food for a reasonable cost (no more than $30 per guest) that are near the Jewel Box, and open on Sundays, with a private dining area?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards