African American Weddings

Room block question

Hey ladies!

FI called one of the hotels in the area to arrange room blocks. The sales manager emailed him back with a guest room contract that he needs to sign before they set up the blocks. I'm a little distrurbed by the contract because they are asking for credit card information. 

This line was in the fine print of the contract: If group cancellations become necessary, the hotel must receive written request no later than 8 weeks. Prior to original arrival date pre payment will be required for all rooms not subsequently sold.

Did anyone else have to give credit card information? This doesn't seem right. And we are definitely not paying for any rooms that aren't reserved! The hotel just needs to release the rooms by a certain day, correct?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Room block question

• nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    there are some hotels that do that. I know it its all of them

but kudos to FI calling about room blocks!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_room-block-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba776e4f-d6e5-403b-8de9-f182eae96e6ePost:f59b6ad4-b628-443c-b7d3-f026bf0d38eb">Re: Room block question</a>:
    [QUOTE]there are some hotels that do that. I know it its all of them but kudos to FI calling about room blocks!!!!
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Girl, that was on his list of items that I gave him, lol! I may have him call a couple of other hotels in the area to see if they have that same policy. I'd rather not go give our credit card info to possibly be on the hook for unclaimed rooms if I don't have to. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have room blocks at 2 hotels and I didn't have to supply any credit card info.
  • I have room blocks at 2 hotels and I didn't have to supply any credit card info.
  • yeah.. In Vegas I chose hotels that allow room blocks that do not require a credit card
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I'll have FI call a couple more hotels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fancy certain chanins or hotels that are "popular" require it. I kindly took myself elsewhere for the 2 hotels that required it and just listed them as "suggested" hotels
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_room-block-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba776e4f-d6e5-403b-8de9-f182eae96e6ePost:0ee83adf-441a-4091-865e-bb4ed4cf91ed">Re: Room block question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have room blocks at 2 hotels and I didn't have to supply any credit card info.
    Posted by lscot84[/QUOTE]

<div>Which hotel chains did you use for your room blocks that did not ask for a credit card?</div><div>
    </div>
  • Thanks Fancy for posting this.. I needed to knw this information as well.. and as mari said.. kudos to FI for pitching in..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have two hotel blocks and we were not required to give a deposit nor credit card information. All my guests have to do is say they are reserving rooms for the Mcknight Wedding. For the rooms that are not booked by time the contract says to have them booked they are simply released and we have nothing to pay for not booking the rooms. I started out with 10 rooms at each and they put in the contract that if more are needed they will add them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards