Snarky Brides

Good Morning.

13»

Re: Good Morning.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-235?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a3f8082-9531-4397-ab06-806fd0c2a577Post:5c59e6fd-a91a-4f3f-b9b0-e4205ae5a89d">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning. : Sounds like it should be a good time!  <strong>And for the "streaks"  it's Vegas, I'm sure you will be the most normal looking people for realz. 
    </strong>Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

This is SO true. Have fun Jenna, I loved Vegas!

H read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and loved it. He insisted we watch the movie. I was eh, about it. He kept wanting to tell me background from the book, but I told him if he did I would smother him in his sleep. Needless to say I fell asleep at the end. He loved it. I found the rape scene uncomfortable to watch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dmiller--thank you! I like them too :)
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-235?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a3f8082-9531-4397-ab06-806fd0c2a577Post:7e3c631b-9666-4f04-b0ab-6721a1824c45">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning. : That's a good point.  I guess it just feels different when someone whose name is recognizable starts a random poll, instead of someone new coming in and asking questions because they're trying to get to know us all at once. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

<div>That's very true.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-235?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a3f8082-9531-4397-ab06-806fd0c2a577Post:211baac0-fcb7-4b3f-9a76-7054592191c8">Re:Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and FI and I watched 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' last night. Anyone seen it? I liked it a lot but parts of that are really f-ed up.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

I saw it and loved it. I also enjoyed the book, granted that was only the last 2/3 or so of it. It took really long to get going, but once it did, I liked it. Not sure I'll bother reading the last two books in the series, though.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  I just got home and it went so well.  Im still a little groggy from the anesthesia and pretty crampy, but I guess we all had some good laughs as I was coming too, ha!  They got 10 eggs and Im thrilled.  I wont know how the eggs did untill Saturday.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-235?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a3f8082-9531-4397-ab06-806fd0c2a577Post:21a651f5-732c-4e7e-a47a-09fa05ec7b1f">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have fun in Vegas Jenna! I am super jealous of that hot weather.  Acaponi- I just watched it (the american version) this last weekend and I just don't remember the book being so violent, but the movie sure was. <strong>Or I thought the movie made a point of showing all the rape scenes, so maybe it just seemed worse ??
    </strong>Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

I finished the book not too long ago, and to me, the rape scenes in the book were worse. It seemed like they took longer than what they showed in the movie. For instance, in the book it mentions that she makes him watch the tape and it's something like 2 hours of footage before she turns the video off and actually takes to tattooing his chest.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-235?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a3f8082-9531-4397-ab06-806fd0c2a577Post:0be4cef8-b0c3-4812-a357-72f3b574b0b5">Re: Good Morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning. : I finished the book not too long ago, and to me, the rape scenes in the book were worse. It seemed like they took longer than what they showed in the movie. For instance, in the book it mentions that she makes him watch the tape and it's something like 2 hours of footage before she turns the video off and actually takes to tattooing his chest.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>lol it might also be that I have the worst "book memory" ever. I read it and forget so many details. haha but I do think the rape scenes were pretty hard to watch.

</div>
  • Great news Blue!!
  • Good to hear Blue!
  • Morning! My alarm didn't go off this morning, but I managed to wake up right on time. I have an easy day at work today, no classes, and I'll be going to my niece's elementary choir recital tonight. 

Blue, that's awesome. 
  • Nebb - I just sent you a PM. As weird as it sounds I have a person I think you'd enjoy following on Pinterest. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That is such great news blue!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-235?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3a3f8082-9531-4397-ab06-806fd0c2a577Post:56fc8779-e9aa-4ca9-9d0c-59d9e23d5f7e">Re:Good Morning.</a>:
    <strong>[QUOTE]Yeah I wanted to read the book first but with the wedding so close I am sticking with books that don't make me think lol</strong>. I've heard the first 100 pages of the book are rough so hopefully now that I've seen the movie it will be easier. And yes the rape scenes were horrible. Ugh that will stick with me for awhile.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much the rule of thumb I've lived by lately.  No extra brain power to go around right now. :)

I'll jump on the longest week EVERRRR train.  My last day of work before the wedding is tomorrow, which I'm pretty sure is never going to get here.  Today is a 13 hour day. Blech.

Last night FI and I went to Costco to buy wine for the wedding, so we went to the register with about 50 bottles of wine and champagne and got the biggest side eye ever from the couple in front of us.  Apparently we looked like total alcoholics since the only items in our cart were booze.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards