Nevada-Las Vegas

Ring Soldering ???

If you have your rings soldered together do you do it before your wedding and then just wear both bands together for a few days or are you normally supposed to do it after the wedding?  The store where I bought my rings said to bring it in about 2 weeks before the wedding so it would be done on time but I wasn't sure if most people do it before or after??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ring Soldering ???

• I've never heard of that; why would you solder rings together?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited February 2013

I have heard of people doing it...to reduce them sliding around & so that they match up the way they're supposed to.

Just wondering when would be better to do it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting mine soldered when we get back from Vegas. I think people with guards and wraps for bands do it more. Here is my set, just for reference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Ah; that makes sense.  My wife typically leaves her engagement ring at home if we're traveling out of the country so that might be something to factor into the decision.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• The way mine is I have to solder it or it could damage the diamonds. The jewelry store told me to do it when I get back so that we can do the traditional exchanging of the rings. I've never heard of anyone doing it before the wedding.

• I'm fairly certain I'll have mine soldered when we get back.  Because of the shape of my E-ring, I had to have my band custom made to fit against it.  They tend to slip apart though when I wear them together though, so I'm thinking it might be best to solder them together.
  • I'm planning on getting mine done when we get back as well.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to get mine done before the wedding so it will look nicer in pictures (my band and engagement ring won't fit perfectly together until they are soldered) but I don't want to wear my wedding ring before the wedding, nor do I want to not wear my enagement ring before the wedding. I was considering soldering them before the wedding and just wearing a fake engagement ring for a few days before the wedding so my finger doesn't feel nakedLaughing I don't know.

But to answer your question, most people do it after.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
    Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
    Reception: Margaritaville
    May 26, 2013
  • I'm getting mine done before the wedding because it will drive me bonkers to have my e-ring sliding around in the middle of the guard.  I have a couple of spare rings of my own that I can wear in place of my e-ring until the big day :)    Obviously not as good as the real deal but it's better than 'walkin' around like a single woman!" as my FI would say, lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards