Ohio-Toledo

Venues that will allows us to bring in our own catering?

Hello!
My FI and I are looking for a venue in the Toledo area that will allow us to bring in our own caterer and alcohol. My parents have a restaurant and catering business so we plan on saving money that way. So far,  I have heard of the Franciscan Center but there may be date conflicts with us and that venue.

Any ideas? We would like to get married next Fall (2011).
Thanks!

Re: Venues that will allows us to bring in our own catering?

• edited December 2011
    I am using the Wildwood Ward Pavillon at Wildwood Metropark. I dont know how many people your planning -- its a smaller venue only about 125-150 ppl. I like it tho bc it forced me to cut down the guest list.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you inviting?  That would help us make suggestions.  The Monclova Community Center has a nice room/kitchen that you could look into.  This is a little bigger than the Ward Pavilion.  I think this place could comfortably seat about 150.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The Stranahan
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_venues-will-allows-bring-own-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:c07d282b-ac3c-4877-9b02-60ab65cd7f6bPost:eb1229f4-2124-4c96-95e5-12a3b4ad8e0a">Re: Venues that will allows us to bring in our own catering?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Stranahan
    Posted by loveplanning[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the Stranahan will allow you to bring in outside catering but not outside alcohol. 

I believe that both the Franciscan Center and the Sullivan Center (at Gesu) allow outside caterers, but only from approved lists.  I do believe that the Franciscan requires in-house alcohol, but I think the Sullivan allows outside.  Sullivan does require that you carry liability insurance and charges a 10% surcharge IIRC.

In addition to the others already mentioned, you may want to try looking into St. Clement's, Nederhouser Hall at Olander Park, Space 237, or the Valentine Theater.
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the suggestions. We will probably be having 200-225 guests, so that will eliminate some venues. I will be checking into all your suggestions.

Thanks again! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Conn-Weissenberger on Alexis and the Knights hall on Secor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. George in Rossford can accomodate up to 250 people!    I just went to a wedding there in June and it was gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    conn-weissenberger is big enough but they do not allow your own food or alcohol (i am a member there)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards