Florida-West Coast
Options

Flower Girl/Ring Bearer

So who picks the ring bearer and flower girl??

I ask this because I had planned on using  my cousins who will be 4 & 5 (also brother and sister). I thought it would be nice that they were siblings, and wouldn't feel awkward walking down the aisle  next to a stranger.

Last night while discussing the rehearsal dinner, the subject came up, and my fiance said he thought we were using his cousins! We never actually discussed it but his Mother suggested them a while back. I told him nothing is set in stone, but I would like to use my cousins. His response...."Well I get to pick the ring bearer....that's my deal!"

HELP!!!!

TIA

Re: Flower Girl/Ring Bearer

• Options
    suedoesuedoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe he should pick the ring bearer and you pick the flower girl--that makes sense
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you both have family that you would like to use...why don't you use them all?  A lot of people have multiples.  I had 2 ringbearers and 1 flower girl. Flower girl was my little sister, so that was an obvious pick and then the ringbearers were our little nephews and there was no way I would chose between then two. 

If you only want one of each, then I would suggest you each pick one. :)  Good luck!

• Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with pp's, if you only want 2 you are going to have to compromise on this one.  I had 2 flower girls also, the older one took charge of the younger one and it gave her a job so she felt very important, it was sweet.  No reason why you can't have 2 sets imo.   Good luck:)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there is any "wedding rule" that said the Bride choses the flower girl and Groom the ring bearer.

I think it would be cute to have 2 of each
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ pps.  You can have multiples.  One ring bearer can hold your ring & the other hold his.  I've also seen one flower girl throwing petals while the other gave single roses to the VIP (like grandmothers). 
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    rachelc7487rachelc7487 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOOOOVE your suggestion!!! I never even thought of two sets. I figured if I chose to have just one set, he would pick the ring bearer and I, the flower girl. I was just caught of guard by his response, that the groom gets to pick the ring bearer.

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad we could help :)
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards