Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Will this cake be too weird?

Ok, our buffet is super random with tacos, pepperoni rolls, six foot subs, and fried chicken. We love red velvet cake with buttercream icing but had talked about having extra flavors in sheet cakes. Would it be too weird to have all of our cake red velvet and buttercream? We are trying to keep from having our bakery confused since its new.
I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Will this cake be too weird?

• I think it's ok to have all red velvet cake.  It seems like a very popular flavor--even people who say they don't like chocolate will often eat it, even though it's usually chocolate.  If you're worried about it, I don't think it's that hard to have the bakery also make a white cake, though.  You don't have to have a bunch of flavors, and I don't think one more will make their head spin.
  • I would probably do a white sheet cake also, just to have an extra flavor.  Of course, I hate red velvet cake... so I might not be offering a very unbiased opinion.
  • I love red velvet, but I'd still add a white sheet cake.
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Will your cake have tiers? if so, you could always do one tier in white and the rest red velvet. we are doing a three tier with two chocolate tiers and one white tier.
  • Ditto pp, we are doing different flavors for each tier, champange, butter pecan, and something else...sorry I've slept since then...but this could also be an alternative to grooms cake if you do'nt plan on having one. Then having a sheet white cake somewhere too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing a 100% red velvet cake... BUT we are also having an oreo groomscake.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_will-this-cake-be-too-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:de4a0491-4731-435c-8312-be5d2fc1796aPost:88ab18ec-92e4-4e26-a9de-002d488006ad">Re: Will this cake be too weird?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing a 100% red velvet cake... BUT we are also having an oreo groomscake.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Gah....save me a piece of the grooms cake please :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No, I do not think it would be weird.
  • People will love red velvet, it's unique and delicous!  I have a friend who did red velvet and choco peanut butter cupcakes, and the red velvets where definitely more popular.  Besides, what kind of nut would turn down free cake?!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards