Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)

Soooo, I was in a wedding last Saturday (well, if house party counts) I always love seeing and getting reviews from other weddings so I thought I would share some with you from my friend Katelyn's wedding. 

First, here is a short video their videographer put together. (Britt Creedon Films)

(Catering) Vance Godby- DELICOUS and had a nice set-up. The staff was really friendly and there were plenty of options. 

(Venue) Maddox-Muse Center of the Bass Hall- Meh. The reception area was really nice. The dance floor was really small. It is really modern looking. I did not like the ceremony area. It was way too small for such a large wedding and I was cramped and uncomfortable the whole time. 

I thought this was a really cute idea, instead of doing a "first look" they did a "first touch." They each got on a seperate corner of a building, without seeing each other and held hands. It was a really sweet moment and you could just see their excitement and love for each other. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
"The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."

Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)

• edited December 2011
    Super cute photo, and I love that the wedding party is involved!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BAH!  They were chucks.  Love that.

That's a cute video!  Now I wish I had a videographer.  :(
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhh what a sweet video, looks like a great day!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-reviews-sorta-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d544698-9ae8-4fd8-9b08-2b2dead37651Post:e35c02f7-005b-4e89-86b0-1b010d0f5f33">Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]BAH!  They were chucks.  Love that. That's a cute video!  <strong>Now I wish I had a videographer. </strong> :(
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>We have a seventh grader doing our videography. SEVENTH! </div>
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen pictures like that before, but that one is the best I've seen.

Not having a video of my wedding is probably my one and only regret.  Do I think I'm going to watch my video hundreds of times?  No.  But knowing I can NEVER see my wedding ceremony again hurts.  Alot.  And if it hurts now, how much more will it hurt when my grandmother and parents are gone?
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brianna- it makes me want one too...

Also, that video gave me goose bumps. *smiles*

Alex and I will be doing a first touch as well, he's dead set against not seeing me before the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    That is such an awesome picture!! Now I want to do it!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a great alternative to the first look.
  • carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a really good video, esp. seeing that this is their first wedding video!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    How does one go about reaching this videographer?
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Aaaaaaaaaaaand now I've watched the whole thing...

And when he cries when she's coming down the aisle.

Now I have to fix my makeup.
  • edited December 2011
    He has a facebook page listed under britt creedon films, I think. I am at work now so I can't get on FB.

I would ask Katelyn for his contact info and pricing but yeah, she is sailing the Atlantic ocean right now!

Oh and Brianna, I was bawling the entire wedding. It was beautiful.
  • LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first touch is an adorable idea!!

We aren't having a "videographer" the venue we have streams our ceremony live via the interent (it's not the piazza) and they said they would give us a copy of what they stream.

Then, we were thinking about getting a few Flip cameras and placing them in the reception for our guests to capture some moments. After we get the material off the camera, we want to give them to our families as some gifts.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-reviews-sorta-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d544698-9ae8-4fd8-9b08-2b2dead37651Post:e11a70c0-0052-4fa5-a29a-801c43c83b60">Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brianna, I am pretty sure I'm jumping on your comment on that guy's FB page.  I had nooo desire for a wedding video until I saw that.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, it's a girl!</div><div>
    </div><div>I didn't really want one until that video either.  And now I have my impatient pants on waiting for her to respond!!!</div>
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-reviews-sorta-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d544698-9ae8-4fd8-9b08-2b2dead37651Post:5dde3a87-edeb-4270-9f15-fd0b89343d1b">Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoops! Don't know why I thought it was a dude!
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha, I thought it was at first too.  I don't know why either!</div>
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    This is the pricing I got from the Videographer:

"As far as my pricing goes, because I am just starting out I will not be asking full prices just yet. I am going to ask $1,500 at this point. Eventually, I will be charging up to $7,000 for my services. I hope that this is in your budget. Let me know what you think."
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-reviews-sorta-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d544698-9ae8-4fd8-9b08-2b2dead37651Post:abdae6d0-5fa3-43b8-94d3-f96a30ef2259">Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is the pricing I got from the Videographer: " As far as my pricing goes, because I am just starting out I will not be asking full prices just yet. I am going to ask $1,500 at this point. Eventually, I will be charging up to $7,000 for my services. I hope that this is in your budget. Let me know what you think."
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

7,000 DOLLARS?!?!!??!! Holy chit!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_wedding-reviews-sorta-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d544698-9ae8-4fd8-9b08-2b2dead37651Post:174c0073-cd73-458c-9896-785dbe6a5fad">Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Reviews (Sorta Kinda) : 7,000 DOLLARS?!?!!??!! Holy chit!
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

<div>No worries! I was expecting more student pricing since she's a film student.  I can find someone local!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm alittle late on this one, but that video is so dang cute!!  And we have the same dress!   Now I really want one too!
  • carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah... some of the really good videographers cost SO much. i love hakim and sons work, but there is NO WAY i could ever afford them. http://www.hakimsonsfilms.com/ they are AH-mazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards