South Asian Weddings

Help! Wedding lehnga wayyy too big

Hi Everyone!

Soooo glad I found this board!  I am planning a wedding for next August in Cleveland.  Having a little bit of a problem with clothes though-  A friend of mine bought a lehnga for me from India.  It's beautiful, but it's super heavy with a ton of beadwork.  And, it's about 2 sizes too big and several inches too long (even with 3 inch heels).  Was wondering if anyone knew of a good tailor in the New Jersey or DC who would be willing to tailor an outfit I didn't purchase there.  (also, not sure if it can even be tailored since it's so heavily beaded).  Thanks soooo much for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Re: Help! Wedding lehnga wayyy too big

• edited December 2011
    I don't know of any tailors in NJ (edison area) that will take an outfit that wasn't purchased there, but it may not hurt to ask somewhere.    However, don't count out non-South asian tailors.   I had an issue with my reception lengha - the top in this case - and took it to a lady in Philadelphia that I found through asking on the PA board and she was fantastic.  Just a thought!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  I hadn't thought of going to non-Indian tailors.  Hopefully I can get it to fit!  (Or maybe i'll just eat a lot untill the wedding and wear 7 inch heels :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards