January 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon locations

Hey guys- I'm wondering where everyone is going on their honeymoon? We are planning Park City, Utah to ski. We are from the east coast and have never skied the west yet. We are super excited!

Is anyone else going skiing on their honeymoon?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Honeymoon locations

• We are not planning a honeymoon, had thought we would wait till the wedding was over and then book a trip. But! Fi's sister who currently lives in Germany has offered to fly us out as an early wedding gift. We will be heading over to Germany in either August or September, the dates are being worked out now! I am so excited!

I have been skiing once, wasnt a pretty site lol. I am so clumsy, it's best I stay off skis. Enjoy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are going on a Western Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. I've only gone skiing once in my life and like shannon, it wasn't a pretty sight. They never told me it was near impossible to get up once you fall! lol
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Since I am going back to school earlier than the university semester, we can't do a honeymoon immediately after the wedding. But we have been talking about booking a cruise or going to the northwest or canada for a graduation gift/honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds great everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, too, will be in school, but I'm hoping my professor won't mind me taking off since it's only one class I'll be missing.  I am a graduate student in school for my master's of education/literacy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_honeymoon-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:a1724eb4-6196-4931-9c4c-4da42dd0eb57Post:72922695-958c-4795-9613-bf18f2963775">Honeymoon locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys- I'm wondering where everyone is going on their honeymoon? We are planning Park City, Utah to ski. We are from the east coast and have never skied the west yet. We are super excited! Is anyone else going skiing on their honeymoon?
    Posted by TaraW1979[/QUOTE]

<div>Just a little advice.  I had never skiied until this past February.  It was definitely on my bucket list and I was super excited.  With that being said, it was the worst trip that I've ever experienced.  It was SO much work to haul all of that damn equipment everywhere, not to mention that I never really did get the hang of it.  I was so frustrated and aggravated the entire time.  Our last two days of our vacation, FI spent them skiing and I stayed at the resort going to the spa...... But maybe you'll go and have a blast.  Some people LOVE IT and some HATE IT, like me.  I will never go back...My favorite part of the trip was getting into the plane to come home!</div><div>
    </div><div>We are considering fiji, bora bora, costa rica or the bahamas.</div>
  • We are doing a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise with Carnival. We got the jr suite with a balcony. We are very excited :)

I've never gone skiing but I've always wanted to.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • I will also be in school. It will be the first week of the semester so we are not planning a honey moon!!!! Though when summer comes around and we have a break we are thinking about going to the virgin islands!!! I have been skiing several times and absolutely love it!!!! But I think I prefer warmth and relaxation on my honey moon. Plus FI hasn't ever gone skiing before!!!!
    image 500 Invited! image 300 Ready to party! image 28 Party Poopers! image 172 MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have been skiing over 14 years, and by far, it's my favorite sport. My fiance also loves it so we can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Your choices sound great. I would love to go to Fiji some day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards