Connecticut

Check! Let me know what you think.

I have not been on in a while, I need to step up my wedding game. I am getting married this year October 19th. 

Venue: Carousel at Lighthouse Point. Love Love Love the place. I am going to try to go with a vintage glam feel. 

Caterer: Coastal Catering (Fall theme food)

DJ: Jaeson Palermo ake DJ Melee

Photographer: Robert Norman

Dress: From Mariella Creations (trying to keep it secret) 

Hotel: New Haven Hotel

Still working on Invites my choices are..
Kritines Papery in Milford
Admire in East Windsor
Harper in Glasonbury

Bridesmaid Dresses 
I have no clue on this, I think I want long and navy.

Flowers: I am going to do a different post just to check on budget flowers. 

Let me know what you think of what I have. Also let me know what I am missing. 

Re: Check! Let me know what you think.

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Great checks!  Coastal Gourmet was great at our wedding!

Videographer?
    Limo?
    Cake (that's prob included w/CG?  Ours was delicious)
    JP/Ceremony?

*ETA: Hair/Make-up?
  • Awesome checks! Maybe add Save the Dates to your list if you are doing them?
    Anniversary
  • Oh yes thank you.

Hair and Make up: Naomi Salon. 

Cake: Coastal is making it, I cannot wait!

Do I need a videographer? If I have extra money in the budget maybe. Let me know if there are inexpensive ones. 

Limo? I want a party bus for everyone I guess. There is a man down the street with a red rolls royce I was going to knock on his door and ask him to drive me. I wish I was kidding with that but My Mom and I probably will do that. 
  • Haha! All the checks look great, I have also booked DJ Melee....how about photography? Favor Ideas? Tux Rentals? Still a little far out for an Oct. wedding though for favors and what not, but if you start making a general list now and then add to it it's helpful :)
  • You've got an awesome start!  I am using DJae Melee and Naomi's also.  And I got my dress at Mariella's.  If it's not too far from where you are, if your girls get their dresses there they get a discount and you get a discount.  Just something to think about.  We are not using a videographer so no recommendations there.  As for flowers, Jane at Just for You is a board favorite.  She's very good with working with your budget.

Good luck with the rest of the planning!  BTW, what are your colors?
  • My colors are navy, ivory, and whites. Also bling! I really have no clue but I want classic, vintage, and glamour all mixed together. I want to keep my colors simple because there is a carousel in the room that is colorful. 
  • Hi Mary! Haha....If you want a videographer, ours is 1100 - we are not using the main videographer but his wife, apparently she is good too. I didn't really care but it was very important to Rich. Let me know when you get to it and I can give you the contact. Definitely was the cheapest I found.
  • Thanks Whit and everyone else. I'll keep you updated when I add more things to my check list. 
  • Are you using a DOC?  Not someone who comes with the venue, but your own DOC?  I'm using Jen from Designer Jen and I've been very pleased with her so far.  http://www.designerjen.org.  She's also doing my invites/menus/programs and is giving me 15% off because I booked her for both services.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like you have a lot of awesome Checks!!! I wanted to suggest an invitation maker since you haven't decided yet.  Her name is Nicole, her website is www.invitingfriendz.com.  She make our save the dates and they came out absolutely amazing and the price was so reaonable. (I have yet to post them on here, but I will soon)  I have been working with her on our invitations and she is just a doll to work with, and the quality of her work is the best I have seen.  Keep us posted!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_check-let-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:65dceb1e-3b02-41a5-9332-abe084e10dd2Post:f475830b-8744-444d-89b3-57327439609f">Re: Check! Let me know what you think.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Do I need a videographer? If I have extra money in the budget maybe. Let me know if there are inexpensive ones. 
    Posted by marykylet[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I would highly recommend getting a videographer. There were so many great aspects of the wedding that I would have missed if it wasn't for a video. There are only so many things a photographer can capture, but having the video really allows you to replay the day. We used Video Images from North Haven and I definitely recommend them!
    Anniversary
  • Normally I would say a videographer is an extra, but I just watched my parent's wedding video and I can't imagine not having one now.

Something I recently realized I had completely skipped over- wedding rings!  I don't have suggestions but I hope no one else forgot them like I was. 
  • I'm getting married at lighthouse june 22nd and I love love love it too!!! I love the idea of the vintage glam! We are using Hy's limo who seem to have a pretty good price. For the vintage glam theme ling navy dresses sound very pretty!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like you're right on track!  I took my e-pics at Lighthouse Point park- such a beautiful place!

If you're still deciding on a place for invitations, I highly recommend Stacie from By Invitation Only. She is located in Wolcott, and I had a great experience working with her on my save-the-dates and invitations :)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards