Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Airbrush not for problem skin! Recommendations?

I recently had an airbrush makeup trial done for the first time and I have to tell you gals, it is not for ladies who have any acne/hyperpigmentation/scar problems at all, nor is it for the oily skinned ladies! I was not at all impressed.  There was minimal coverage and I was shiny pretty fast.  I wanted to share and also get people's thoughts on good traditional foundation.  So far I have come across Makeup Forever Matte foundation.  I also was looking for a good primer (which Ive never worn in my life but i read it helps set the makeup and go over large pores/scars) and Smashbox light seems to be good for acne prone skin.  Do you ladies have any suggestions?

Re: Airbrush not for problem skin! Recommendations?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_airbrush-not-for-problem-skin-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5f42e1af-3f99-424f-b8d3-b2c0a0ba3a77Post:a9d936a1-4284-4f1b-ac0f-09a418e4b866">Airbrush not for problem skin! Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recently had an airbrush makeup trial done for the first time and I have to tell you gals, it is not for ladies who have any acne/hyperpigmentation/scar problems at all, nor is it for the oily skinned ladies! I was not at all impressed.  There was minimal coverage and I was shiny pretty fast.  I wanted to share and also get people's thoughts on good traditional foundation.  So far I have come across Makeup Forever Matte foundation.  I also was looking for a good primer (which Ive never worn in my life but i read it helps set the makeup and go over large pores/scars) and Smashbox light seems to be good for acne prone skin.  Do you ladies have any suggestions?
    Posted by KristenMarie163[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wholeheartedly recommend Lorac for primer and liquid foundation. I rarely use the primer, and I never get very shiny with this foundation, although I usually use a tiny bit of bare essentials pwder over it to "set" it. If there is a Sephora near you, you can ask for some Lorac primer/foundation as a sample, and try it out on your own before buying.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I like my smashbox primer okay - I got the hydrating kind. I feel like my arbonne primer works a little bit better though.
  • Options
    There are several Sephora's by me...I am definitely going to be taking a trip soon! Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Hummingbird--the Lorac primer is the aquatime? (Only seems to be one) And which foundation do you use?
  • Options
    That's a shame to hear! I'm actually a makeup artist and I've not had a problem yet with acne/ hyperpigmentation/etc. It's not so much the airbrush makeup, but rather the prep of the skin and products used.

What exactly didn't you like about airbrush makeup? Are you looking for more coverage in certain areas? Or are you concerned about the weight of airbrush?

With coverage, a good makeup artist will firstly prep your skin, lay a primer down then correct any pigmentation on your skin (dark under eye circles, redness, hyperpigmentation, etc) so the airbrush makeup will flawlessly spray on.

But if you did want to go the traditional route, MUFE (Make Up ForEver) HD foundation is brilliant! Try it with a Beauty Blender too!

Let me know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards