Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding dress opinions please!

I know this is not alot of people's style... so I'm not looking for whether you would choose it for your wedding, I'm just looking for whether you think its hideous or not. I am in love with it.. but sometimes I'm a bit crazy with my choices... and I want to know if there are going to be lots of wispers behind my back (I'm getting enough of that with my ring).

http://www.etsy.com/listing/38808146/organic-cotton-bamboo-bridal-wedding

Re: Wedding dress opinions please!

• I think it would be lovely for a casual wedding, especially in an outdoor setting--the ripples remind me of waves or flower petals.

For a huge formal wedding? Probably not.
  • If you love it than you should get it! Its your wedding and you can decide what you want to wear.
    That being said, it does need to match the formality of your wedding. It would look ok in a garden wedding but not anything more formal.
    Why are people whispering about your ring? Whats so unusual about it?
  • I agree if you love it go for it!  I think its fun!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you love it and you're not having a formal wedding, I say go for it.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Its a very informal wedding with about 20 people invited. I'm so glad others like it... I think I'm going to order it.

The ring isn't that different, its a princess cut bezel set black diamond in a really think industrial looking band... its just non-traditional and not dainty at all... which sent me family of snobs for a loop/
  • love it...go for it!

ps...your ring sounds SICK.  can we see??
  • Love it! Be who you are!
  • I love this dress. It is so free and looks comfy. I agree it would be best in a laid back type of wedding.

I would love to see your ring. I get the same with mine, a round ruby set in an open square of diamonds.
  • I love it! It looks sooo comfy yet still elegant. BUY IT! :)
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  The dress is beautiful and if you like it then you should buy it.
  • I think it is a beautiful dress! however, i would be concerned about whether it would be flattering or not.... and what if you don't like it once you get it?
  • I think that dress is perfect for a casual wedding. My BFF has a black diamond in her ring and I love it. I have never seen a princess cut bezel (and I worked in jewelry) I think that sounds awesome.
  • edited October 2010

If you love it go for it. Especially if its not a very formal wedding. Maybe you should try it on before ordering it tho.

• The dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love that it is made of organic fabric!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you have the body for it, ROCK IT!

It is a beautiful dress!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:ab321568-0102-45f4-b9b6-a7cc3a511b3dPost:b75802d5-c221-45b0-9446-17844e223c0e">Re: Wedding dress opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny how almost all the girls I've met with coloured stones in their rings get comments about how strange they are. Mine is a marquise cut green tourmaline in a very non-traditional setting and band, and nobody I know has acted like it's out of the ordinary at all!
    Posted by linguo42[/QUOTE]

THe one I get the most is "Is THAT what you are USING as your engagement ring" I say "NO, It IS my engagement ring"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:ab321568-0102-45f4-b9b6-a7cc3a511b3dPost:84706b43-8b24-4a39-8dd1-2ec2626d9a72">Re: Wedding dress opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding dress opinions please! : THe one I get the most is "Is THAT what you are USING as your engagement ring" I say "NO, It IS my engagement ring"
    Posted by alainn15[/QUOTE]

Gaaahhh! I get this one too! I frusterates me sooo much! The worst is my soon-to-be sister in law... she is an intense snob. She thinks that since the ring is not a 2 ct. white  princess cut solitare, then we aren't really that serious about getting married.
  • I agree with the commentary above - and the most important is how you feel in the dress...if traditional is not your cup of tea, then let the rest of crowd wonder without giving it a second though.  Applying other people's critieria to your own choices rarely comes out with the same score as when you apply your own critieria...The ring sounds amazing...
  • LOL I was expecting something hideous, your dress is quite pretty.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards