Snarky Brides

Question for my Minnesota neighbors

Did any of you feel the earthquake last night?

For the rest of ya'll - there was a little earthquake in central MN last night at about 2am; it was a 2.5 quake and was centered at about 39 miles southeast of Fergus Falls. 

Just a wee little shake, but I did hear that the emergency dispatch centers were receiving lots of calls!
panther

Re: Question for my Minnesota neighbors

• Are you serious!? I had no idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Lots of freaky weather and events going on man.  I'm not feeling good about this summer.
  • That's what happens when m and Fischy are in the same state.  Sh*t starts to get real.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Nope.  But when I'm actually sleeping, I could sleep through a tornado going through my house.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • That's what happens when I do multiple chores in one night.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited April 2011
    I've always wanted to feel an earthquake.  I mean, obviously not a friggen' tsunami triggering earthquake, but just a little shake-rattle-roll is all I want.  All my years of visiting Cali?  Nothin'.

Quakes do happen up here once in a while.  The last one in MN was in 1994 at 3.1  The one before that was a 4.5 in 1975.
    panther
  • Maybe those 'world ends in 2012' people were right... All of these insane natural disasters recently can't be coincidence. Mother nature is some sort of pissed off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_question-minnesota-neighbors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4be284e2-c755-4c29-a413-d97db408af5ePost:7cc3f302-db29-4c31-b976-e9786d846a57">Re: Question for my Minnesota neighbors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe those 'world ends in 2012' people were right... All of these insane natural disasters recently can't be coincidence. <strong>Mother nature is some sort of pissed off.</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

truer words were never spoken
  • wtf. I just read about that, but it was in Alexandria so too far west to feel it in the cities. But still, how weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_question-minnesota-neighbors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4be284e2-c755-4c29-a413-d97db408af5ePost:7cc3f302-db29-4c31-b976-e9786d846a57">Re: Question for my Minnesota neighbors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe those 'world ends in 2012' people were right... All of these insane natural disasters recently can't be coincidence. Mother nature is some sort of pissed off.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Supposedly it's happening May 21st, 2011. So in about 3 weeks.

It's been nice knowing you all.
  • BTW, AATB I think it was Mother Nature's way of saying she was upset that you didn't stow away in Fishy's car for the MSP GTG TODAY!
  • That's totally what it is, mu-su :)
    panther
  • Well good, glad we're on the same page. ;) Maybe a little AATB in town would've given the Twins a win, or by god a few damn RUNS.
  • The Twins are currently dead to me.
    panther
  • Nope, but we heard about this morning too.  Crazy.

Also. I am UPSET you didn't hitch hike with Fisch, AATB.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_question-minnesota-neighbors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4be284e2-c755-4c29-a413-d97db408af5ePost:7f61486e-7846-43c4-b560-98f96a658d58">Re: Question for my Minnesota neighbors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope.  But when I'm actually sleeping, I could sleep through a tornado going through my house.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Im the saem way, growing about the tornado sieren is so close it rattles our windows and I would sleep right through it. My parents had to shake me awake or carry me into the basement as a kid.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • More freaky weather...not a tornado but a blizzard maybe coming in here(ND)  today!! My sister is graduating and people are worried about everyone trying to travel to and from...it's MAY tomorrow for crying out loud!
  • Did you say earthquake??? I must be hallucinating. I hope I am, because one of the reasons I stay here is no matter how much our weather sucks I never feel earthquakes.

I can drive in any storm of the century you throw at me, but if the earth litteraly moves under my feet, I am done for. I felt a tiny earthquake in L.A. years ago and started crying - and I am not given to tears !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards