New York

At a standstill

So, after all the preliminary planning and searching and hiring I'm out of projects to work on. I feel so...bored I guess. I'm starting to think a longer engagement wasn't such a good idea and I would move it if we didn't have to save another $10,000. Ugh, I just wanted to vent a little.

Re: At a standstill

• edited December 2011
    I hear ya! I'm not done planning but only need a cake and DJ. They could have been taken care of but I'm putting it off a bit so I won't be done and bored! We originally decided on an August 2010 wedding but pushed it back to October because we didn't think we'd be able to pull it all together in time. Now I wish we hadn't! I just want to be married!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • lcoreylcorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel like there's still so much to do, but I have to wait until the date gets closer to do much else. I'm also putting off the DJ and cake and I'm still waiting to see the setup of a wedding ceremony so I can get an idea.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  depending on when you are getting married--it's not always too early to anything.  We did our cake well over a year in advance and the DJ like 9 or 10 months ahead.  I've only got about 5 1/2 months left and wish I had gotten on the ball earlier because I missed out on the makeup artist by being too late.  When I feel like I'm running out of stuff to do, I do stuff for the day of, like guestbook, unity candle, getting info for program together, thinking of what I'm going to put in the guest welcome bags, etc....I know it seems like a long way away but I'm sure it's creeping up on you!!!  good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards